Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So who uses COMC to sell cards? If so, tell me why I should

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
About half my cards sell without any "offers."
Sometimes people straight-buy it.
Thus, list at a good/correct sell-price;
not artificially inflated.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
I have bought 20 or so cards on COMC and never used the Make An Offer feature. If the price is right I just buy it. I don't have time to screw around. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I think I will list the price that I want to get for cards and autodecline all offers.

Thanks for the advice!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
jerry!jerry! said:
Can't you only autodecline if you pay for a seller membership?

Exactly. It's automatically set to 50%. I only sell 10 to 20 cards at a time on COMC, so I'm not paying for a membership. Markup works for me, but I really only use it on cards that have niche markets. Cards that trade freely, I price more in tune to what I'm looking for.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Wow, so much to cover...

First, in regards to 50% offers, I think you are crazy to not offer 50% right off the bat. COMC is just a market. The seller still determines the price. If they don't like your offer they can decline or counter. If they don't want 50% offers they can autodecline. Some sellers are thrilled to get rid of their junk for 50% of their list price. Remember all those ultra-rare executive proof Crusades that popped up on the site a couple of months ago? The seller was accepting all 50% offers even though they had just posted them. So if you were trying to buy a $60 card they were accepting $30 without batting an eye.

Second, in regards to pricing. Just in this thread I have seen some people say that COMC just has rip-off prices, and some that have found plenty of great deals. Both are right. COMC is rampant with high-book or over book prices, but a TON of bargains as well. Remember that those super high asking prices might be accepting 50% offers.

Again, COMC is a free market! I am for the buyer getting the best deal they can get and I am for the seller getting the most money they can get.

Part of the beauty of COMC for sellers is that they can get way more for a card, not because they are a scam artist, but because of COMC's features. Buyers know they can get that card shipped to them for around 15 cents as opposed to the usual $2-$2.50 on Ebay. They get to see SUPER-sized scans of the front AND back of the card, so they feel more secure in the condition of the card. They know that the seller won't cheat them because it's COMC that has the card in-hand. They know they're getting their card. AND the book value of the card is right there in front of them. How many buyers out there are like me and don't have Beckett pricing?

Finally, much has been made about the 1-cent a month storage fee for cards with a price over 25 cents. First of all, that is only for cards that have been on the site for over 90 days. The first 90 days are free (if you're the original owner). Also, what if you leave your card at its original asking price for 2 months and 3 weeks, THEN lower the price to 25 cents on the cards that haven't sold? I wonder if you could do that?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Update - just had this email with COMC:

Me: Technically could I list a card for 75 cents for 89 days, then change the price to 25 cents if it hasn't sold, and avoid the storage fee?

COMC: Yes, that is correct. Anything priced at .25 or less will not be charged for storage on the first of the month.

Members online

Latest posts