Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starling Castro: Accused of Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
lisu said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1s3075e0]
lisu said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1s3075e0]
Sjrmn91 said:
"Black out" or "unconscious" it doesn't matter. If she was not in a state of mind to fully consent to whatever actions they took, it is rape. Not necessarily "right" but that's how it is. It'll depend specifically on the jurisdiction and how the statutes are written, but that's the general consensus today. Now, whether or not there is evidence of either, nobody but those investigating the case, the woman, and Castro know. If it was in fact rape, I hope he is prosecuted justly. If it was not, I hope she is hit with a defamation of character suit.

I've known plenty of girls who got slobbering drunk, gave it up and took the walk of shame the next day. That's what alcohol does.

It doesn't make it right though, and if they had every right to make a complaint if they felt they were taken advantage of when they were severely impaired. I didn't read the article, but I'm just saying that as a woman - I wouldn't like it and the law would be on my side if I could prove it.

I'm not saying it's right in any way. I'm just saying that in certain circumstances, it's really hard to say WHAT she said when she was heavily intoxicated. ALl I know is is that I've known woman who've gone through this and accepted that they made bad decisions when they were drunk. Of course, they didn't have it happen with a sports star.

That is why it is considered rape when a woman is heavily intoxicated. It is against the law to have sex with someone who is unable to consent if they are that heavily intoxicated. You might know some women who have gone through this but it doesn't matter whether it is a sports star or not. It is still rape. See De Anza baseball team rape. That was horrible, and she was so intoxicated that she passed out. It just is in the news more when it is a sports star.[/quote:1s3075e0]

I agree 100% that if the woman is too drunk to consent then it is rape.

What I'm saying is that you can be blacked out and still seem completely coherent (albeit drunk) to the people around you. All it means if you "blacked out" is that you can't remember what happened during that time frame. Obviously this means she had too much to drink, and it certainly could have put her in a state that made her unable to consent; but all I'm saying is that if she was blacked out and still functioning normally otherwise, then I'd venture to guess that there's a good chance there was consent at the time.

I'm not saying I condone rape or taking advantage of someone far drunker than you--both are horrible. I'm also not saying the male/athlete should be given the benefit of the doubt, because that's completely unfair and so is jumping to conclusions without due process. But this is why blackout vs passed out is the important detail in situations like this, because while one makes this a rape situation, the other just makes it a bad drunk mistake.[/quote:1s3075e0]

You are exactly right, but because of how the criminal justice system in the United States works, it is the male individuals "responsibility" (for lack of a better word) to know that the woman has consumed a high amount of alcoholic, thus rendering her unable to fully and consciously consent to any sexual contact.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The level of ignorance in here is disgusting.

How many cases do we hear of men passing out/blacking out b/c they are so intoxicated and women raping them? Never. You know why? B/c men have the power and control the situation. The male should held accountable at all times.

There is no shame of walk, except for Castro. He should at the very least be suspended for putting himself in that situation. How stupid can you be? Go stick your dick in a microwaved banana peel if you want to screw something that's not moving.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
markakis8 said:
The level of ignorance in here is disgusting.

How many cases do we hear of men passing out/blacking out b/c they are so intoxicated and women raping them? Never. You know why? B/c men have the power and control the situation. The male should held accountable at all times.

There is no shame of walk, except for Castro. He should at the very least be suspended for putting himself in that situation. How stupid can you be? Go stick your dick in a microwaved banana peel if you want to screw something that's not moving.
" The level of ignorance in here is disgusting. "
That is very true.

How much bar hopping,spring breaking, do guys do? How sober are the chicks they take wherever? OR chicks take them wherever?
How deviate can females be? Or males for that matter. SOOOOOOOOO what truly happened? only 2 people know the truth.
Things get hot and heavy and after words,what did i do? so she said.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
Just my two cents...no one knows what happened..thats the only thing "we" know. But just a little reminder..besides a bunch of nerds(just saying :D) on a baseball card site..99% of people have no idea who "Starling/Starlin Castro is. I also know..about 75% of the people who know who he is would not recognize him in a "club". So if she knew who he was..he told her or someone else who knew him played the "you know who that is card". So if this guy is that big of a tool when it comes to getting lucky..then hes an idiot. If she is crying wolf..shame on her. As a female myself..rule #1 you don't put yourself in that situation..Rule #2..if you do make- sure you are with someone you trust/know so things like that cant and wont happen. If he jumped on a passed out woman..then he's a giant POS.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Via @thekapman
Chicago Police announce no charges against Cubs SS Starlin Castro in sexual assault allegations case.

Well at least some good news for the Cubs.

Members online

Latest posts