Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A little project that I decided to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToppsFail.com

Apr 3, 2010
I'm going to include virtually everything out there. It's just gonna take some time to get it all in one place. The point is going to be about total mass of screw jobs. I want it to be so massive that it can't be ignored like it is now. Topps really thinks it's a small but vocal group complaining and I want to change that.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I know nothing about websites but you better make sure there's enough storage because the site is gonna be huge;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Sweet, I look forward to visiting the site for some good, unfortunate laughter and disgust in the near future!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm going to include virtually everything out there. It's just gonna take some time to get it all in one place. The point is going to be about total mass of screw jobs. I want it to be so massive that it can't be ignored like it is now. Topps really thinks it's a small but vocal group complaining and I want to change that.

All well and and good but as of now you have four examples and one is a positive for topps. Not very smart to include the redemptions that they actually make up for it with a more expensive and rare card. But just my two pennies, carry on.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Not sure of the legal ramifications.
Legally, a trademarked name, such as Topps, can be used as part of a domain name as long as the website is not being used for commercial gain.

So as long as no money is made, and it's purely an informational site (despite the negative connotation), then ToppsFail is a legal name to use.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
If Wordpress thought there would be an issue, they wouldn't have registered the domain or hosted the site, so carry on!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Was supposed to get this 5 Star Dual Patch Auto /10

Kershaw.jpg

Got this not numbered POS instead:

20130803_112033.jpg

20130803_112043.jpg

20130803_112053.jpg

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Did you send it back? That's really bad

They wouldn't take it back. Let me paste what they wanted to call even....

Name of the rep has been edited I can't hold this against them. I have yet to be contacted by the Customer Service Manager.

Start at the bottom of this email thread....

I really don’t know how to respond...as far as it goes here this is all we can do …like I mentioned we are doing this on our own …
Where you would like to go and take it up with is up to you.

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:43 PM
To: Topps CS
Subject: RE: Topps Issue

Where do we go from here?

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:42 AM
To: Armijo, Alex - PHX

Alex,
I am very sorry … I really was just trying to help you out … I fully understand your concern and your point of view…
I wish there was more I could do …

Sincerely,
Topps CS

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:38 PM

Topps CS,
I am sorry, there is no way take you up on this offer. I know you are trying to help but this is nowhere close to what I should be receiving not to mention any teams I would like. I know you are trying to go value for value, but one card with a certain amount is definitely NOT equal to several cards adding up to that amount, plus adding packs of cards that I have no idea what I would be getting in them. I buy what I need for my collections and stay away (now) from the biggest gamble in the Hobby called opening boxes. Sorry I cannot make this deal.

Regards,

Alex

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:32 AM

Hi Alex,
Unfortunately we do not have any low numbered Auto’s here…. The Adrian Gonzalez is in Boston Red Sox uniform and its numbered 30 out of 150…the Luis Tiant is numbered 9 out of 99… the Dale Murphy is 75 out of 208….
The Tribute is 2013 Tribute hobby…. As far as on the pack its days 1 auto or 1 relic numbered 99 or less in every pack….
Let me know what you would like me to do …

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:17 PM

Topps CS,
I know you stated that you don’t have certain cards just laying around. But I would like to know if you have low numbered cards. With this proposal I have to think that these autos are out of what 99? Or higher? The only player that is of any interest to me would be Adrian Gonzalez from the names you sent and only if he is in a Dodgers uniform. What year is the Tribute and what brand of Tribute? I hope it is not WBC. The other real issue I see with this, is that there is definitely a possibility that more redemptions could be pulled from those packs. And look where that has gotten me so far.

Alex Armijo

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:47 AM
Subject: Topps Issue

Hi Alex,

So I found some information about the redemption you originally had…the value seemed to be about $160.00 - $170.00 ….
As I mentioned we don’t have too many autos… but I did find 3 Five star autos of Dale Murphy, Luis Tiant, and Adrian Gonzalez which total to about $75.00 per beckett… so I can send you those 3 plus I will send you some tribute packs …Tribute packs go for $60 per pack …so I will send you 3 if that will help.
Let me know what you think…

Thanks,

Topps CS

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
I just added mudflap02's heritage stamp issue

Great site... Mudflap was violated worse than a boy scout that stumbled onto death row...

I can't remember when I last got a redemption, but it's been quite a while... as you can see, some of these would be nice to eventually get before they retire... and as for the Finest cards, there is absolutely no excuse for a delay.
BSB3S55DAU2012Bowman SterlingDual Auto Gold Parallel of Xander Bogaerts/Jackie Bradley Jr.Pending
BCBBW5Y8YD2012Bowman ChromeLegends in the Making Die-Cut Auto of Matt KempPending
S9RCWIW2FJ2010Topps FinestMLB Rookie Base #1Pending
BSBGJJEKHT2011Bowman SterlingRookie Autograph of Eric ThamesPending

BSBQDFGZZB2011Bowman SterlingAutograph Prospect of Blake SnellPending
S9RQKDR6UI2010Topps FinestMLB Rookie Base #9Pending

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This is internet trolling for a good cause. Well played sir.

You could have a "People of WalMart" thing here; "Victims of Topps CS".

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not directly related, but if you follow Topps on twitter I'm often amazed at some of the cards they post when products are released. Sure they show some great "hits", but there's almost always a card it 2 mixed in that has glaring problems or design issues that make you ask, "you're intentionally showing us this piece of garbage to promote product?".
Miss-cut cuts, upside down stickers, etc. They just posted a smudged auto and I had to shake my head

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts