Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manti Te'o, his dead girlfriend, and lies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Why would anybody agree to something like this in his position ? So my first thought was that Teo is gay and was in a relationship with Tuiasosopo, and they invented this girl as a possible cover up. I am not the only one that is throwing that out there. Listen to Paul Finebaum.

So Notre Dame knew it was fake on December 26th, but didn't stop the media from doing stories on it the day before the NC game. Makes total sense.... The thing that gets me about all of this is how poorly the media does their job. Their job isn't to report what people tell them to report, it's to investigate and report. They have a habit of reporting what they want, rather than doing their job though and this is yet another example.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Why would anybody agree to something like this in his position ? So my first thought was that Teo is gay and was in a relationship with Tuiasosopo, and they invented this girl as a possible cover up. I am not the only one that is throwing that out there. Listen to Paul Finebaum.

So Notre Dame knew it was fake on December 26th, but didn't stop the media from doing stories on it the day before the NC game. Makes total sense.... The thing that gets me about all of this is how poorly the media does their job. Their job isn't to report what people tell them to report, it's to investigate and report. They have a habit of reporting what they want, rather than doing their job though and this is yet another example.

So its more accurate to say that it is your theory that its a gay coverup.

Even if true its irresponsible speculation at this point. Good thing you arent a journalist.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Someone in his position doesn't do something like that unless he is under a lot of pressure and has a lot to lose. All this does make sense why Lacy was running all over him.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
::facepalm:: Just got home from work, trying to get caught up on this. Not even sure what to think at this point. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Te'o's statement as posted by ESPN Austin:

[h=5]This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.[/h]

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
i'm confused - I thought he met her after the Notre Dame/Stanford game at Stanford. Now she's become someone he met online? I don't know how anyone can call someone their GF if they've never met.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
if the girl isn't real - then how does this get explained? I would say he knew exactly what happened and that it wasn't a hoax on him.

The South Bend Tribune wrote an article describing the young couple's fairytale meeting—she, a Stanford student; he, a Notre Dame star—after a football game outside Palo Alto.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I mean, she hasn't even sent me a full body shot yet...

look2008.jpg

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
if the girl isn't real - then how does this get explained? I would say he knew exactly what happened and that it wasn't a hoax on him.

The South Bend Tribune wrote an article describing the young couple's fairytale meeting—she, a Stanford student; he, a Notre Dame star—after a football game outside Palo Alto.

Only two explanations I can think of:

A) He lied about meeting her at that game to either cover up his lifestyle or perpetuate the hoax and use it as a marketing ploy (which I believe)

B) he never actually met the girl and just made it up and was actually hoaxed.

Does anyone really think, a Notre Dame student, would be that stupid to fall for B though?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts