Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs pickup thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Nothing new, but thought I'd show off a few oldies for those who haven't seen them.

t201everschance.jpg

HofmanT3.jpg

Tinker.jpg

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Sweet! I don't have any 205's but I'm sure I will add a few at some point. I was going for the T206 set, and started off by going after the Cubs. When we found out we were having a baby, I sold off about 70 commons, but kept my Cubs/HOF'ers/tough backs for when I'm ready to go after the set again.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I was very happy Topps Archives included Jody Davis with an on-card auto and photo wearing a Cubs jersey for my Cubs auto PC. Now, they need to do the same with Ron Cey - can only find his certified autos as a Dodger.

$T2eC16V,!w0E9szNZISIBSCDLJ)sbw~~60_57.JPG

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Yes, I was thrilled to see that Jody Davis Cubs auto as well. That and the Durham are the only two cards I've picked up for my collection the last few months. We also need archives of Keith Moreland, Bob Dernier, and Scott Sanderson in Cubs uniforms.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=4618]James52411[/MENTION] - Scott Sanderson, really? I could go for a Denier and Moreland though, good calls.
[MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION] - I don't really like the Topps Originals, and all the other Cey's are multi-player cards. I'm kind of anal about my Cubs Auto PC - has to be a pack-issued auto, in a Cubs uniform (or listed on card as a Cub), no multi-player cards. I try for All-Star level and above, with a few exceptions for notable personalities and fan favorites. My biggest wants right now are Phil Cavarretta, Gabby Hartnett, Riggs Stephenson and Ron Cey.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
@James52411 - Scott Sanderson, really? I could go for a Denier and Moreland though, good calls.

@ChasHawk - I don't really like the Topps Originals, and all the other Cey's are multi-player cards. I'm kind of anal about my Cubs Auto PC - has to be a pack-issued auto, in a Cubs uniform (or listed on card as a Cub), no multi-player cards. I try for All-Star level and above, with a few exceptions for notable personalities and fan favorites. My biggest wants right now are Phil Cavarretta, Gabby Hartnett, Riggs Stephenson and Ron Cey.

Scott Sanderson is better than you think. Starting pitcher for the 1984 and 1989 division champion teams. Won 164 games in his career. His tenure with the Cubs was marred with injuries, unfortunately.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Great additions there, [MENTION=2711]HEAVYHITTER[/MENTION]

Love some of those patch cards and the Ex insert.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

Members online

Latest posts