Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
ugyse6az.jpg

Looking for one of these,if any one has one for sale lmk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
I'm not a Griffey collector but have been working on the 2006/2007 Topps 52 Debut Flashbacks Chrome Gold Refractors set for almost two years. This has been one of the white whales of the set, only seen two on ebay since I started, the first one sold raw for a little over $100 in January 2012 and then this one. I think I paid a bit more than I wanted to but wasn't sure when I might see another one. Also looks like there was some funny bidding at the end that may have artificially raised the price.

without further adieu...

GriffeyJrKen_2007Topps52DebutFlashbacksChromeGoldRefractors_36_BGS95_zps8b55e489.jpg

Wow, great card! Went way over what I was expecting. I know who bid the 175 on it, but honestly didn't think anyone would go over that. Congrats on the great pickup.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
thanks FriarG. more than I wanted to pay but I really want to finish the set and this card was IMHO going to be the biggest obstacle to doing so.

Wow, great card! Went way over what I was expecting. I know who bid the 175 on it, but honestly didn't think anyone would go over that. Congrats on the great pickup.

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
"Send it to BGS or PSA for a grade, they wont take fakes from my understanding so that's an easy answer to end this once and for all.

I'll even paypal you the cash to get it graded."

No need for cash,i got plenty of my own!thanks,will do!

Still wondering what the outcome of your BGS grade on this was?

Regarding

gy6eda3a.jpg

Last edited:

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
Have not send it yet,will do in the coming months,been busy with work related issues

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Dear cardomie18,

Did Griffey sign that with his toes??!! Lol, nice card :)

- friarg

Dear friarg,

What does that suppsed to mean you should look at the black boarder one it is barley legible.

- cardomie18

Guy is a clear winner...

Members online

Latest posts