Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
I don't deal on there but have a couple posts (literally probably like 20) when stuff on here is really slow and I'm really bored, but I wouldn't put it past those guys on there honestly. My gut feeling is that I don't think that was the case (or don't want to believe that's the case) but your story definitely is just another mystery in the huge bag of mysteries in this case and against blowout in general. I feel bad for the guy that paid $5K, even if it's regular payment I wonder how paypal will go about refunding a super baller lot of unknown items. I think people should have saw this coming (although they could never forsee when he'd finally scam them) but the thought process doesn't make sense; if this guy is so generous and rich, give stuff away for free, PERIOD. If this guy spends $400 and sells something for $200 or spends $500 and sells it for $300 or sells an $80 for $10, that seems like he's setting something up for the future, which is exactly what happened

Good post right here. It did seem very odd to me too that he could sell so low, but I think people wanted to believe that he was genuinely a good guy with a lot of money that was just generous. We all try to believe in the good in people and its sad that guys like Haiku make it harder to do just that.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Fixed it for you. Lol. I know what you mean man. Everyone thinks his or her shi$ doesn't stink on there

Blowout has just as many tools as any other trading card site. You think there are people here who don't think their shi$ stinks? It's the same everywhere. However, if you want to actually sell a card, Blowout is a much better option than FCB. They have the numbers. As for quality knowledge of the hobby and for actual baseball information, FCB is vastly superior. Post here, buy and sell there.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Blowout has just as many tools as any other trading card site. You think there are people here who don't think their shi$ stinks? It's the same everywhere. However, if you want to actually sell a card, Blowout is a much better option than FCB. They have the numbers. As for quality knowledge of the hobby and for actual baseball information, FCB is vastly superior. Post here, buy and sell there.

Just because a site has numbers, doesn't mean it's a better option.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH

Yep it's nearly impossible to sell anything here, especially football

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Just because a site has numbers, doesn't mean it's a better option.

The numbers help if you're trying to buy or sell. However, like I stated, the actual content of this site is vastly superior. Not knocking either one, just pointing out that since this site changed its format it is almost impossible to sell anything because of the lack of traffic.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

This. But the very rare time I sell I offer to buddies on here. This place is much better for conversation and I don't have a lot of experience on that site but I can confidently say the members/mods here are significantly better

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Blowout can kiss my ads, after last week. Pitching, crying and rolling because I wanted eBay value on a Myers Chrome auto. Hell, I was actually a couple dollars under, and they showed their asses.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
This sounds like a terrible situation, and this type of S makes everyone suspicious...

However in my opinion it is not too wise to post things like "the blowout mods might have been in on it, that site is shady". Accusing a large retail company of aiding and abetting a real crime just because it seems possible is a little quick to judgment.

I know this is the internet, and the message board culture can enable stuff like this, but if you were ever accused of anything online, news travels fast, people aren't always thorough about factchecking what they read... I know the blowout mods are a drag and I'm not saying there's no way they could be involved, but at least have SOME evidence before posting about your idea on a public board.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry to everyone that was scammed. If FCB could somehow put together a more scam-proof transactions board, that would be a big attraction, even if it had lower traffic than blowout.

A_Pharis

Seems like to me that he was ripping people off on trades on one side of the scam. Possibly on other sites. He was then taking the net gains from those and turning them into "good deed" cards/items. Weeds through a few items to keep for himself - dumps the rest in cheap lots. My guess the reason why he refunded nick? The lot probably contained stolen card, and he realized real quick that if nick posted a list of what he got that he might be easily tied to the stolen cards in these lots. So what does he do? Refunds full amount and says keep the cards so that you don't bother listing them and complaining.
Finally, after netting what he feels like is a good stash and a huge rep - he pulls the big one.... selling big dollar mystery packs.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Continues to get worse
Haiku- Blowout Please Help Me - Blowout Cards Forums

this is a 20 year old kid who thought he was doing a big trade, got ripped off and the guy sold the cards to people on the same site for dirt cheap.

EDIT: After looking when people started bringing it up, this "20 year old" has hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cards on Ebay. something isnt right with him either.

Last edited:

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
The wannabee hustler's got out hustled. Like I posted in the MT yesterday, I got flamed about my dislike of PWE's, and a few of the one's flaming me are entangled in this mess. LOL

I don't feel sorry for anyone there.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Seems like to me that he was ripping people off on trades on one side of the scam. Possibly on other sites. He was then taking the net gains from those and turning them into "good deed" cards/items. Weeds through a few items to keep for himself - dumps the rest in cheap lots. My guess the reason why he refunded nick? The lot probably contained stolen card, and he realized real quick that if nick posted a list of what he got that he might be easily tied to the stolen cards in these lots. So what does he do? Refunds full amount and says keep the cards so that you don't bother listing them and complaining.
Finally, after netting what he feels like is a good stash and a huge rep - he pulls the big one.... selling big dollar mystery packs.

sports card ponzi scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts