Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened Edition in Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
How are the boxes packed? Is there anything to offset the significant difference in weight between some of the lower end boxes (SPx/Heritage) and higher end boxes (National Treasures)? Without this, I would think there could be a problem with "box searching" as one would guess the lighter boxes are the higher-end ones since they have less packs. Or am I missing something?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
How are the boxes packed? Is there anything to offset the significant difference in weight between some of the lower end boxes (SPx/Heritage) and higher end boxes (National Treasures)? Without this, I would think there could be a problem with "box searching" as one would guess the lighter boxes are the higher-end ones since they have less packs. Or am I missing something?

all have different weights, would be nice if they could somehow get all the boxes to weight the same. You just have to have trust in the places you buy from.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, god, this product has my head spinning. As someone said, buying a box is a gamble in itself... not your gambling on what box you'll even get... then it's a gamble that the box you get even has anything big in it. Then you talk about how each "box" weighs different lol... I mean I'm assuming you don't want anything heavy but would rather have the lightest one in the pack.

I know you tired this but this is totally a draft style break. I'd personally just do it where there are 12 slots, randomly ordered and you draft what you want... six people will get boxes and six people will get a Rose auto. That'd be like $80 a spot or something right? or you could do like 24 slots for $40/each and it's a further gamble where the top 6 probably take home a box, 7-12 take home a Rose auto and the bottom 12 get a thumb up their a$$, which is likely anyways when you gamble ;)

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
Just opened one today. A 2014 topps pro debut box. Seriously?? That's just embarrassing and lazy. May as we'll put a 2008 box of razor sig in there. I'm starting to see why there are a bunch of Leaf haters out there. I've always been supportive, but this leaves me really sour

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I look forward to next year's product, Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened 2, in which a collector can hit a hidden box of Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened. Hopefully Leaf will build an ever increasing regress of boxes within boxes.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I look forward to next year's product, Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened 2, in which a collector can hit a hidden box of Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened. Hopefully Leaf will build an ever increasing regress of boxes within boxes.

I heard it's going to be Leaf 2015 Meh of Baseball Opened 2014 Unopened Best of Baseball, where you just get a box of loose SPX, Heritage, Draft and ProDebut cards. With a buyback Leaf Living Legend Pete Rose autograph card, of course.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I heard it's going to be Leaf 2015 Meh of Baseball Opened 2014 Unopened Best of Baseball, where you just get a box of loose SPX, Heritage, Draft and ProDebut cards. With a buyback Leaf Living Legend Pete Rose autograph card, of course.

Don't forget the randomly seeded Tony Gwynn Leaf Q National Only Promo card 1:3 boxes...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Just opened one today. A 2014 topps pro debut box. Seriously?? That's just embarrassing and lazy. May as we'll put a 2008 box of razor sig in there. I'm starting to see why there are a bunch of Leaf haters out there. I've always been supportive, but this leaves me really sour

Unfortunately, you got the worst box included..

I can tell you that our cost to make this was 84% of factory cost..

BG

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Even if you only hit a $50 box and add in your $20-$30 rose auto, that's still a better return than most boxes. Spend $155 get 50% return. Bust any other $100 box and get 2 $3 relics and $5-$10 in base cards.

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
True. I realize that the value is in the unopened product, but what's the return on a box of Pro Debut? Rather low I'd imagine. As an unopened box, it still seems like a decent ROI in my opinion (better than any of the past several boxes I've opened anyway).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Even if you only hit a $50 box and add in your $20-$30 rose auto, that's still a better return than most boxes. Spend $155 get 50% return. Bust any other $100 box and get 2 $3 relics and $5-$10 in base cards.

But then you have to factor in opening the box which could bring that $50 box to $10-20 plus the $20-30 Rose , your now at $30-50 on that $155.

Ryan

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
I don't think the poster who go the Pro Debut box ever said what Rose auto he got. Was it a 60s card auto? That'd improve his ROI, I'd suppose.

Members online

Latest posts