Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just got prison ***** by Etopps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
topps is stupid?? They just made 80 bucks shipping cards to a guy and it cost them only 4. That doesn't sound stupid to me.

Lets give these monkeys some credit. 80% of the etopps cards they sold don't even exist!

Kevin

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
topps is stupid?? They just made 80 bucks shipping cards to a guy and it cost them only 4. That doesn't sound stupid to me.

Lets give these monkeys some credit. 80% of the etopps cards they sold don't even exist!

Kevin

Which is why I say they might be worth money some day. Let's be honest, e-topps is a pain in the ass to deal with....

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
This doesn't sound like rape at all since you paid the price knowing full well how much it was going to cost you. It sounds more like a regrettable one night stand with a $84 **********. Consider the etopps cards you receive a curable STD?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Im pretty sure topps doesnt actually make the cards until you request them to be shipped.

That's why i'd guess they raised the costs

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
you all don't remember the opening days of topps vault. They sold items on ebay, wanted their money within a week and their shipping time was 6-8 weeks!!!!!!!!

As you can imagine, people dropped negs on them left and right, to the point where their feedback score was less than 50%! Of course ebay gave them a do over and
erased all that. In the real world where you could leave honest feedback, topps can't do this kind of crap, but in topps owns world, they can. Anyone ever know a
company that has less than 70% rate on the BBB.......any other company that treats it's customers like that would of been long gone out of business. Makes you wonder
why we accept this from topps?

Kevin

speedmasterp

Nov 5, 2012
Baltimore, MD
The shipping is stupid. I forgot I even had eTopps cards until I read this. I have 2 orioles that I paid about $1 each for. They want $6+ for the first and another $1+ for each additional. I don't thinK i will ever be getting those cards shipping. I sent the Harper I had to an eBay auction just b/c I didn't want to pay to get it shipped.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I got everything shipped before they raised the fees. Can't believe they would screw everyone like that. I actually enjoyed the etopps program.

Raised the fees, then took away the ability to use reward points for shipping. Then the only thing to use reward points on is cards worth under $1, so you can get a card for free that will cost you a fortune to get shipped.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Are eTopps s/h prices any different than their regular Topps store?

This doesn't bode well for Topps selling individual cards direct-to-consumer anymore in the future on a meaningful scale.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Im pretty sure topps doesnt actually make the cards until you request them to be shipped.

That's why i'd guess they raised the costs

The cards are all printed and waiting. I've seen uncut sheets for most years. They even sold/gave away a few way back when. I'm not sure they encased them already or wait until someone asks for delivery.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
you all don't remember the opening days of topps vault. They sold items on ebay, wanted their money within a week and their shipping time was 6-8 weeks!!!!!!!!

As you can imagine, people dropped negs on them left and right, to the point where their feedback score was less than 50%! Of course ebay gave them a do over and
erased all that. In the real world where you could leave honest feedback, topps can't do this kind of crap, but in topps owns world, they can. Anyone ever know a
company that has less than 70% rate on the BBB.......any other company that treats it's customers like that would of been long gone out of business. Makes you wonder
why we accept this from topps?

Kevin

last time I checked topps had an F rating from bbb

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As I wrote, "last time I checked" & it was within 6 months.
So you're saying Topps' rating went from an F to an A+ within six months? That's odd, because the BBB's rating is based on complaints and closed complaints from the past 3 years, according to the page I linked.
Also, in 2011 when I looked them up, Topps had an A+ rating.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So you're saying Topps' rating went from an F to an A+ within six months? That's odd, because the BBB's rating is based on complaints and closed complaints from the past 3 years, according to the page I linked.
Also, in 2011 when I looked them up, Topps had an A+ rating.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/227066-some-bbb-results-our-favorite-manufacturers.html

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...vid-topps-reply-andy-dalton-error-auto-2.html

From 3 yrs ago
http://annoyanceatitsfinest.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html?m=1

My last response on this subject

Last edited:

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I agree. While not many are getting their .99 cards shipped, down the road these could be the most valuable. Unless Topps dumps all the unclaimed in the Topps Vault in a few years...

Which is why I say they might be worth money some day. Let's be honest, e-topps is a pain in the ass to deal with....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts