Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julz24

Jun 11, 2013
San Francisco
(Referring to the 89 playball). I have this card in my collection as well.

Not sure how rare it is or if its from the same group that made the 91 Playballs.

There used to be a guy on EBay that specialized in ob cards. He probably would know but his account got suspended...

Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
The printing error happens quite a bit and I think I've certainly seen that griffey discussed before somewhere. May hold a slight premium to an oddball collector but not worth any more to me

Sent from my iPhone

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
The printing error happens quite a bit and I think I've certainly seen that griffey discussed before somewhere. May hold a slight premium to an oddball collector but not worth any more to me

Sent from my iPhone
I picked up one of these numbered 5015/5000 the year they were issued. Looks like there may be as many as 100 of these numbering errors out there. Certainly not worth the amount asked!!!

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I don't keep track of Griffey stuff, so I don't know if these are any good, but I found these in a box that I bought at an Estate Auction.

ytga.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I couldn't help myself because I am currently on a Griffey buying binge. I saw this card on eBay and I cannot find anything about it. I searched all over google, I found people with Griffey checklists that did not list it, and I searched this forum, as well as searching this thread, and still find nothing. I would not be surprised if someone else on this board was bidding the same card! It was only $3.26 + $3.00 shipping. I have seen a lot of variations of cards from '88 and '89, but have never even seen a photo of this one. Thanks for any info on the card. I hope it arrives in good shape!

1989 Play Ball #1 Griffey Jr.

View attachment 20689View attachment 20690

It's an illegally unlicensed card, neither junior, baseball or the team got royalties from it.

Commonly referred to as "Broder" cards they were widely sold at shows using all different names.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
Finally snagged his 1:1500 pack bad boy at a decent price.

One of the only Griffey sigs I've come across that features a ballpoint pen sig. The wood card and transparent plastic classic pic of his swing IMO make one of the most beautiful 90's auto's out there.photo (1).JPG

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I was happy to finallly pick up one of these on eBay to add to my Bonds PC. I believe I've only seen this card listed 2 or 3 times.
1995 R&N China Porcelain /100
20130904_102918.jpg20130904_103619.jpg

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Hey, just had a question to you fellow Griffey collectors out there on a Ken Griffey Jr 2013 Topps Tier One Triple Patch Auto 1/1 card that I will be receiving in several months? Was wondering if you think the patches on the card will be Mariners or Reds? Appreciate everyone's thoughts! Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts