Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titanup21

May 10, 2015
Honestly just starting looking into prospect baseball . Currently have no cards but still learning where to start. I'm a big Phillies fan and Titans for football go mariotta , but it's hard to honestly watch them this year .I'm hoping these prospects coming up will turn things around for them and that what making me intrigued in this whole prospecting aspect. My friend jimmy Yezzo actually got drafted by the Nationals a couple years ago hopefully one day he will have a card after he turns it around .So to all the people on here thanks for daily threads about minor league people . I was wondering in your eyes what was your biggest flip. What you paid and what you sold it for? What is the ideal times to sell ? Ideal times to buy?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Welcome to the Site!

I'm not a "prospector" or even a "Chromie" but there are plenty of guys on here who can give you some solid advice, enjoy!

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Welcome. The best time to sell is when they get called up to the majors. There's a lot of luck involved and there will be some guys who you buy low thinking they'll turn it around and they never do, and you'll lose money. It just takes time learning who these guys are and a lot of reading prospect blogs to get an idea if they have shot or not at making it. It can also be a slow flip with buying/selling prospects. You might buy a guy who's in A-ball and you'll have to sit on it for 3 years while he makes his way through the minors before you want to sell.

Titanup21

May 10, 2015
Thank you for advice

Welcome. The best time to sell is when they get called up to the majors. There's a lot of luck involved and there will be some guys who you buy low thinking they'll turn it around and they never do, and you'll lose money. It just takes time learning who these guys are and a lot of reading prospect blogs to get an idea if they have shot or not at making it. It can also be a slow flip with buying/selling prospects. You might buy a guy who's in A-ball and you'll have to sit on it for 3 years while he makes his way through the minors before you want to sell.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Welcome aboard.

There are no absolute answers to questions when it comes to prospecting (or any form of investing). There are ideas that often hold true, but nothing is absolute.

Players are often very hot when they make the Majors but sometimes for some reason they get overlooked then, and when players perform well in the Majors they can often see major increases after they make the Majors.

Certain types of players confer greater risk. It's generally accepted that pitchers are more risky than hitters (more prone to injury etc.) which lead to the idea that "there's no such thing as a pitching prospect." That gets forgotten when a wave of new young pitchers are successful (like Kershaw, Matt Harvey, Jose Fernandez etc.) and then gets recycled when Harvey and Fernandez got injured.

Come on board, dip your toe in a little to stat getting a feel, and have fun following the players and learning along the way.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Also, we have a weekly "Hot List" of the best selling cards with the biggest price spike to check out.

It's usually full of Minor Leaguers, hopefully your buddy will make it there soon!

Titanup21

May 10, 2015
How hard is the league he's hitting in? What's normal stats to be looking for in his league ? He just got his first home run but he needs to lock in more and get his average up . It's crazy because in college he was up there for trophy to best college player his junior season hitting .410 and leading caa division and was fourth in whole NCAA.

Members online

Latest posts