Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nice hits... At the Dollar Tree??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houstonmustangracer

Sep 23, 2014
Spring, Tx.
So, you're saying minorities don't like baseball cards?

Who said anything about minorities? Looks like somebody jumped to a conclusion that a crappy neighborhood equals that. He said it was a crappy neighborhood and I took it that means people with zero money to speak of probably aren't out splurging on extras like baseball cards.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Only person mentioning race is you pal...

therockeyeroll.gif

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Went to the one closest to me and all they had were NBA Stickers, DBZ cards, and one lonely pack of Triple Play. I picked it up anyway and got a Kevin Youkilis sticker. Man was that disappointing. Lol

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I checked mine out.

What was weird to me, was the different kinds of mixed-packs they had. 3 different kinds, one with 5 cards, one with like 20, and one with 30.

I stopped at a Dealz and a Dollar Tree. The Dollar Tree didn't have any of the assorted packs. They just had some football cards, some random 2011 Topps baseball, NBA stickers and some other stuff. The Dealz had some 30-card assorted packs in soft plastic, but peering in, they all looked like late 80's Score Football and 1988 Topps baseball. I was sort of envisioning the kind of bubble-pack cards I've seen at Walgreens before with more recent cards. Were these the same packs that had the black Heritage chrome?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I stopped at a Dealz and a Dollar Tree. The Dollar Tree didn't have any of the assorted packs. They just had some football cards, some random 2011 Topps baseball, NBA stickers and some other stuff. The Dealz had some 30-card assorted packs in soft plastic, but peering in, they all looked like late 80's Score Football and 1988 Topps baseball. I was sort of envisioning the kind of bubble-pack cards I've seen at Walgreens before with more recent cards. Were these the same packs that had the black Heritage chrome?

The 30-card packs and the 5 card packs just looked like 1980s stuff. The one in the middle featured a 2013 Topps card on the front of them. That's about it.

I didn't purchase any to inspect further. I will someday though.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA

No.. The 30 packs usually yield a lot of 80s-90s base with some various 2000 and up cards here and there and some oddball sets and late 70s too. Not much of value and certainly not for anyone who doesn't want base cards.. I still enjoy em tho.

The one that i found the black chrome was in one of the 5 card packs that seem awfully full of 2013/2014 Topps, or atleast those were the cards showing in every 9/10. These are in little soft plastic baggy type material too.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Actually found one I had laying around.. Here is what they look like

View attachment 41422View attachment 41423

These are what I've been buying, except mine aren't hitting anything like yours. I keep finding those 2006 Topps ROY Exchange cards, many of them in pretty rough shape (creased, scratched, dinged, etc.), but no other inserts. I've been to four Dollar Trees (there are a ton around here, all four were within a 5 mile radius) on the hunt for those loaded packs!

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
These are what I've been buying, except mine aren't hitting anything like yours. I keep finding those 2006 Topps ROY Exchange cards, many of them in pretty rough shape (creased, scratched, dinged, etc.), but no other inserts. I've been to four Dollar Trees (there are a ton around here, all four were within a 5 mile radius) on the hunt for those loaded packs!

I've been randomly grabbing all the 5/20/30 packs for a couple years now, definitely hundreds over time and those 2 pulls are the only ones that I've got that "matter."

I have gotten some other cards over time that book at $3-$5, which I was happy about given the price but even that wasn't typical.

I just don't know the odds here, or if inserting GUs and serial numbered cards in some of their packs is the norm or if I somehow benefited from their mistake or what.. The odds don't seem too good, but who knows.. Do they ever? Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts