Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey guys,

I have a 2005 playoff prestige world series champions parallel (sorry don't have a scanner) if anyone is interested. If anyone is interested, pm me an offer. If not, I will list on the bay in a couple days.

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Mailday,
img598.jpg

img599.jpg

Man them things are sharpe. I wish i had that.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
That was me. I was outbid on this card by Dave Pinner more than 10 years ago. It sure took a long time to get a 2nd crack at it. It was cheaper the 2nd time around.

:thumbup: Nice card man, I wanted it bad!Glad to know it went to a collector,If for some reason ya ever wanna part with it,please contact me.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
I was in on it too. I set a snipe at 60 some dollars and went to bed. lol. I thought that would be more than enough to win it.

I'd like to see what a really nice patch-if it's even out there,would go for.

If any of you guys wanna get rid of any Griffey inserts/GU'd contact me,I'd trade multiple GU'd/autos of other players in your favor.Looking to make the PC get alot larger.

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Hey everybody !!! I new to collecting griffy so i don't have much to show. Anyway's here is a 1991 upper deck griffy. card number 55 .ken b.jpgken f.jpg

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012

Attachments

• Fleer Flair Showcase Row 3 - Legacy Collection.JPG
    Fleer Flair Showcase Row 3 - Legacy Collection.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Fleer Skybox Apex - Xtra.JPG
    Fleer Skybox Apex - Xtra.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Pacific Paramount - Inaugural Issue.JPG
    Pacific Paramount - Inaugural Issue.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Pacific Paramount Cooperstown Bound - Proofs.JPG
    Pacific Paramount Cooperstown Bound - Proofs.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Pacific Prism - Proofs.JPG
    Pacific Prism - Proofs.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 43

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
That time of year again! Just uploaded this year's acquisitions to the Photobucket: http://s1023.beta.photobucket.com/user/ckurdelski/activity

A few of my favorites from this year's haul:

Chris, the Skybox APEX is first I've seen. Did you have a hand in drafting this article?

2000 Skybox APEX
From BaseballCardPedia.com
Jump to: navigation, search
Description
2000 Skybox APEX was a proposed base-level brand from Fleer-Skybox that never got past the planning stages. Fleer had plans on unifying their three base-level Skybox-branded products (Circa Baseball, Thunder Football, and Z-Force Basketball) in a one: APEX. Only the Basketball product (1999-00 Skybox APEX) was ever released.
It wasn't until after Fleer-Skybox's 2005 bankruptcy that any evidence of the baseball version of APEX came to light in the form of 11" X 17" "Design/Press Direction Specification" sheets. It must be noted that ACTUAL SKYBOX APEX CARDS (to include promos and pre-production copies) have never emerged on the secondary market, and it is assumed were never printed.
So far, only four such sheets are known to exist.

• Ken Griffey, Jr. base card
  • Sammy Sosa "Gone Squad" insert
  • Mark McGwire "Hit Machines Warp Tek" insert
  • Pedro Martinez "Pendemonium" autographed redemption.
The design of the "Hit Machines" insert was eventually recycled and included in 2000 Metal. Any assistance in identifying other 2000 Skybox APEX cards would be greatly appreciated.
Retrieved from "http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php?title=2000_Skybox_APEX&oldid=17673"
Categories:

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Chris, the Skybox APEX is first I've seen. Did you have a hand in drafting this article?

2000 Skybox APEX
From BaseballCardPedia.com
Jump to: navigation, search
Description
2000 Skybox APEX was a proposed base-level brand from Fleer-Skybox that never got past the planning stages. Fleer had plans on unifying their three base-level Skybox-branded products (Circa Baseball, Thunder Football, and Z-Force Basketball) in a one: APEX. Only the Basketball product (1999-00 Skybox APEX) was ever released.
It wasn't until after Fleer-Skybox's 2005 bankruptcy that any evidence of the baseball version of APEX came to light in the form of 11" X 17" "Design/Press Direction Specification" sheets. It must be noted that ACTUAL SKYBOX APEX CARDS (to include promos and pre-production copies) have never emerged on the secondary market, and it is assumed were never printed.
So far, only four such sheets are known to exist.

• Ken Griffey, Jr. base card
  • Sammy Sosa "Gone Squad" insert
  • Mark McGwire "Hit Machines Warp Tek" insert
  • Pedro Martinez "Pendemonium" autographed redemption.
The design of the "Hit Machines" insert was eventually recycled and included in 2000 Metal. Any assistance in identifying other 2000 Skybox APEX cards would be greatly appreciated.
Retrieved from "http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php?title=2000_Skybox_APEX&oldid=17673"
Categories:

Thanks Rick. This is a really interesting post! I hadn't seen that article before.
[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]The Apex one is an interesting story - similar to the post-bankruptcy release of Pinnacle Brands, I assume. What I have is actually an "xtra" parallel, and is numbered 100/100, presumably from the unreleased set. Now I am wondering what else might be out there.[/FONT]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts