Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I bought over 600 boxes of new sealed baseball cards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Not sure if you're being serious or not but either way, it's sad because I thin throwback box breaks are a lot of fun and it's not something that the younger generation will be able to do down the road.

I was quite serious yes! They'll be able to do it, it just won't cost a fortune & they'll know what they can't get hopefully..

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was quite serious yes! They'll be able to do it, it just won't cost a fortune & they'll know what they can't get hopefully..
True. How PISSED would you be though if you pulled a Puig jumbo patch auto or something and in 20 years he is a top HOF player and the card would be worth huge bucks and all you got was an empty promise LOL

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Thanks guys - I have many, many more coming in ... several of which are hobby :) I haven't had much of a problem with expired redemptions, because once they are expired, they drop the price down of the boxes/cases to a price where it is easier to pick up.

I'll take more pics when the others come in (hopefully tonight!)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Expired redemptions aside, wax will still be busted. Think of all the parallels sitting in unopened wax that would never hit the market if nobody busted any older wax. This is already why some stuff is harder to find than it should be.

Case in point, a card shop owner down here was sitting on a massive amount if unopened basketball wax from the late 90's through the early 2000's. He finally pulled it out due to the demand and I'm sure he's sold a lot of it. Player collectors will always ensure unopened wax eventually gets busted.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I haven't had much of a problem with expired redemptions, because once they are expired, they drop the price down of the boxes/cases to a price where it is easier to pick up.

I haven't really noticed that happening. I was looking at possibly buying older Triple Threads boxes and IMHO they are still pricy despite the fact there is chance you are going to pull an expired redemption.

Product with redemptions is making it hard for me to choose a Christmas product that is $40+/pack with several autos/relics that gets opened one pack per Christmas. I have one pack of Ballpark Collection left for Christmas 2013, but in 2014 I suppose I will need to find a 2014 product with just 2 packs that have redemption expirations after Christmas Day 2015 so I can get it opened over 2 Christmas' without pulling an expired redemption.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
The shipment still has not come in yet (URGH!) but I'm (im)patiently waiting :)

What was the best thing you pulled last year ?

I don't recall what I pulled last year, as the years kind of run together when it comes to wax, but I know I've pulled a Lincecum auto rookie, a few SSP's that were $50-$150, a Griffey 600hr bat that was in the $40 range, and others, along with a boat load of mid level good stuff. I never could get into the high dollar boxes much, because I would always be disappointed.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
The majority of the final shipment finally came in! It was about 3 days late, and I was about pulling my hair out, but santa clause in brown shorts and a trolley knocked on the door last night. I updated the first post, but for those of you who don't want to have to hassle with seeing ALL the pictures again, here are the newbies:

20131209_210354.jpg

20131209_183012.jpg

20131209_182942.jpg

20131209_182902.jpg

20131209_182838.jpg

20131209_182817.jpg

20131209_182744.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts