Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chip Kelly to Philly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Wow, he just Petrino'd Oregon and the 2013 recruits that signed after he said he was staying. Hope the NCAA grants waivers to the kids that signed and/or enrolled early because of his "temporary" decision to stay at Oregon.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Should be interesting to see how this turns out. Most people here are Pumped.

IF they can get Vick to re-do the $30 million they'd owe him to stick around, he might be a good fit in this Offense. Hopefully they'd move fast enough so that the Defense wouldn't be able to set up enough for Vick to have to read it.

One upside is that Chip should be much better at Evaluating the Draft than anyone they've had around there lately...

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Problem with these system kinda coaches is that they try to acquire players that are familiar with their system.

Oregon is going to be hit on scholarships. They've basically admitted to paying Willy Lyles to steer recruits to them already. Whether or not the NCAA actually does anything remains to be seen but I am of the opinion that they will get hit by them soon when Oregon submitted its own list of penalties and the NCAA said "thanks, but no thanks."

Last edited:

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Signing day isn't till next month. Early enrollees might have a better case to be pissed. Not saying the non- EE's don't, but at least they probably have other schools to fall back on.

Wow, he just Petrino'd Oregon and the 2013 recruits that signed after he said he was staying. Hope the NCAA grants waivers to the kids that signed and/or enrolled early because of his "temporary" decision to stay at Oregon.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Signing day isn't till next month. Early enrollees might have a better case to be pissed. Not saying the non- EE's don't, but at least they probably have other schools to fall back on.

I imagine if am a Top recruit and I want to stay on the West Coast, I go to Stanford. Stanford is the school that really wins with Chip going and Oregon State is 2nd.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I imagine if am a Top recruit and I want to stay on the West Coast, I go to Stanford. Stanford is the school that really wins with Chip going and Oregon State is 2nd.

Stanford's academic Standards limits their Recruiting.

And don't sleep on UCLA sneaking in. I think Mora Jr. has made them a name again and they're on the rise...

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Stanford's academic Standards limits their Recruiting.

And don't sleep on UCLA sneaking in. I think Mora Jr. has made them a name again and they're on the rise...
They'll get tired of his mini-tyrant act, and then it'll be mora the same.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Hope the NCAA grants waivers to the kids that signed and/or enrolled early because of his "temporary" decision to stay at Oregon.

You join the school for the school not the coach. I have no condolences for the kids that are mad an hope they get a waiver from the ncaa to transfer. Yes a coach brings you into a program but with Chip for awhile there have been talks about him going to the nfl so no one should be surprised or is surprised by the move. When a new coach comes in like any program some recruits stay some leave its just a problem with how the ncaa handles recruiting an letting coaches quit jobs.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Dead wrong about the players being allowed to Transfer.

TWO DAYS before he went to Philly, Chip Kelly was telling recruits he was there to stay. How can you not "have condolences" for the recruit? And let athletes out of that situation?

What if you sign up excpecting to play QB for an offensive-type HC and then he leaves and the School hires a defensive-type HC who wants you to play Safety? Does that sound fair?

Latest posts