Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Upper Deck Century Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
The card in question can be found here.

This card is hand numbered. Has anyone else seen this before? Other listings on eBay right now are not hand numbered. The seller claims that it is hand numbered because it was damaged when it was first pulled. The seller sent it back to UD and they replaced it with this card. In my limited experience with such a situation the outcome seems plausible, but I'd like to get some feedback from y'all. Thanks.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
It's my understanding that this was common practice by UD. Hand number the pack damaged replacements.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It's my understanding that this was common practice by UD. Hand number the pack damaged replacements.

Yep
2000BlackDiamondFinalCutNumberingVariation.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I can confirm getting hand numbered insert cards back to replace damaged cards as well. I think that mine were Fleer though, but i would need to check to verify.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
The 99 Century Legends /100 are some of my favorites...love the card design, photos and especially the one-sided die-cut.

hope you get it!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The card has all the characteristics other than the usual numbering, I'd think it's legit.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I don't have a scan handy, but I purchased a 2000 UD Legends Ty Cobb (20th Century Legends subset) Commemorative Collection parallel that was hand numbered to 100 in a similar fashion. The seller told me that it was a replacement from UD.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I did when I got my hand numbered Garvey cards back. Not sure how many were hand numbered, as it would have had to happen due to damage and be returned in the appropriate time frame, but I'd guess only a hand full more than mine, if any. it is definitely much more scarce than the stamped version. In my case, there were 100 stamped versions to begin with and after my 2 were returned, presumably they were destroyed and we were down to 98. I had 2 hand numbered copies and I wouldn't assume more than 1-2 additional exist, if any more. I was a bit mad at first that they didn't send me stamped replacements, but now I am happy to have the hand numbered replacements.

Members online

Latest posts