Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So...I Would Like to Make Sure S.F. Giants Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Just read that. So sad.

This is terribly sad. The only thing that I think (and I'm not blaming the victim for some idiot who pulled a knife) is that he was also being confrontational which lead to the brawl and the killing. It sounds like there were two altercations, and I would think that it was alcohol that lead to it. If he had walked away from the second one, then he might still be alive. It's such a waste of life, and it's just a lesson to everyone that you need to be careful out there.

This was just written about the victim:

Smith said the only serious brush with the law that he knew of involving Denver was a drunken driving arrest in July. He said Denver had some problems in that area but had been getting on with his life.

Public records show that Denver's driver's license was revoked this year after a 2011 drinking and driving incident.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Slaying-victim-wasn-t-a-big-baseball-fan-4846156.php

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
can't wait to see how classless the SF Giants org is. The Dodgers bent over backward for Stow, bet the Giants do nothing.

Sep 25, 2013
Midwest US
What the ???? is the world coming to guys?, I mean seriously.....

Can we NOT go to a game that we all love, and root for own team, without having to "fear" for our lives?, cause some moronic idiot, (classless by the way too), might not like the shirt, jersey, shoes, hat, that we like to wear?. This has gotten out of control, and the world is a dang shame. As a father of a precious 3 year old little girl, who I love more than anything, I swear...We can't go to a game, grocery store, school, movie theater, etc....without wondering if the person next to us, is looking for a vendetta..

This story is just a shame man, I feel for the family, I can't comprehend the day, that I have to bury my parents, let alone my kid. This sick moron gets to spend the rest of his pitiful, arrogant, worthless life behind bars, thinking about how he ripped apart one family's life, NOT to mention his own. All becuase you don't like "someone else's team".

Now the taxpayers get to pay for this a**clown to spend the rest of his pathetic life in the "crossbar hotel". It's just a crying shame all the way around, just a very sad...sad....sad....story. Cant even enjoy anything anymore, without gutless, classless, idiots like this ruining it. My prayers go out to the family, that has to bury their son...

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
can't wait to see how classless the SF Giants org is. The Dodgers bent over backward for Stow, bet the Giants do nothing.

1. I'm sure the Giants will do something, even though they are under no obligation to do anything since this didn't happen at the ballpark.
2. It's sad that a young man was killed, but it's hard to control people who are drinking. To me, this seemed more like a bar fight.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I'd have to disagree here. I'm no Giants fan, but they do run a pretty nice organization. I'd be shocked if they didn't reach out in some way.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal

What did the Dodgers do? I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I just didn't hear anything reported in Nor-Cal on what the Dodgers did for the Stows.

Jan 15, 2009
What did the Dodgers do? I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I just didn't hear anything reported in Nor-Cal on what the Dodgers did for the Stows.
Yeah, haven't heard anything reported about what they did rather than McCourt not wanting to give him anything.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Rich, I believe the answer you're looking for is "nothing" - at least as far as I can tell. Could be that it has to do with ongoing legal proceedings, or it could be that they just don't think they should do anything. That kinda saddens me.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Rich, I believe the answer you're looking for is "nothing" - at least as far as I can tell. Could be that it has to do with ongoing legal proceedings, or it could be that they just don't think they should do anything. That kinda saddens me.

Actually, that's not the answer I was hoping for. When it was said that the Dodgers "bent over backwards" for the Stow family, I figured that I just didn't hear about it.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Realize they no longer have a leg to stand on. I am just saying, it may not have happened in the stadium parking lot, but you know damn well it was fueled by the rivalry.

Man stabbed to death near AT&T Park in San Francisco - ESPN Los Angeles

So, both of your fanbases have murderers in them, good for you. These fans need to get a damn clue, do you really love your team that much to kill someone over some words? I am not sure I will ever go to another sporting event in California. I went to a 49ers v Raiders preseason game last year. Never happening again. 2 people were shot outside the stadium, fights in the bathroom both times I went. PASSSSSSSSS

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
So, both of your fanbases have murderers in them, good for you. These fans need to get a damn clue, do you really love your team that much to kill someone over some words? I am not sure I will ever go to another sporting event in California. I went to a 49ers v Raiders preseason game last year. Never happening again. 2 people were shot outside the stadium, fights in the bathroom both times I went. PASSSSSSSSS

Yeah good for us, leave it to you to say something stupid like that.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Stow wasn't killed by dodgers fans, he was killed by worthless scum thugs.

This murder in SF wasn't some fan fight in the stands gone array.

Pretty XXXXty to post like that [MENTION=1961]ballerskrip[/MENTION] I've experienced worse in Chicago as a visiting football fan than anyting the media yaps about Philly fans.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
IMO sports and city allegiance on any level other than your own enjoyment is an EGO manifestation and is only taken to violence by the insecure and stupid.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Stow wasn't killed by dodgers fans, he was killed by worthless scum thugs.

This murder in SF wasn't some fan fight in the stands gone array.

Pretty XXXXty to post like that @ballerskrip I've experienced worse in Chicago as a visiting football fan than anyting the media yaps about Philly fans.

Ummm Stow isn't dead. Is he really bad off but definitely alive.

Members online

Latest posts