Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Leaf/Brian Gray going to get Johnny Manziel kicked out of NCAA football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well at least you guys are open to the idea of some form of payment. I believe this is what's needed. I just don't have the energy to continually debate the same old points with the nay sayers any more.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I am a fool.. but the benefit I was speaking of is immediate financial.

At one point I was for paying everyone. Now I've swayed to middle ground because I don't see a happy middle. I see either too far to the NCAA or too far to the player.

I think the NCAA is as corrupt an organization as you will find....

But paying players also devalues (to them) the value of the education they are recieving from these institutions. Why take my education seriously when I have all this money to blow?

How many D1 football players don't contribute even to the value of the scholarship they are recieving (estimated over 5 years to be in the neighborhood of $250K cash value)?

Some people in college will be superstars and won't ever need their degree....but I know a ton of former athletes who say they are glad they had that degree to fall back on once the league did not work out for them. One of them is a 3rd round pick who stuck in the league for 4 years, managed his money poorly but now has a 6 figure job because of his degree from a top tier school.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think the NCAA is as corrupt an organization as you will find....

But paying players also devalues (to them) the value of the education they are recieving from these institutions. Why take my education seriously when I have all this money to blow?

How many D1 football players don't contribute even to the value of the scholarship they are recieving (estimated over 5 years to be in the neighborhood of $250K cash value)?

Some people in college will be superstars and won't ever need their degree....but I know a ton of former athletes who say they are glad they had that degree to fall back on once the league did not work out for them. One of them is a 3rd round pick who stuck in the league for 4 years, managed his money poorly but now has a 6 figure job because of his degree from a top tier school.

Anything I posted about what an athlete should get or be able to do would have restrictions. The athletes must also be students and achieve certain standards at all times enrolled. No cheating, paying others to do the work etc. I think if its opened up more freely financially to the players, it also comes with tighter academic standards esp those on scholarship.

Ryan

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
And the book is closed.

Johnny Football will start the season on the bench.

Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Johnny Manziel of No. 7 Texas A&M has been suspended for the first half of Saturday's season opener against the Rice Owls, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy on Wednesday afternoon.

The agreement between the NCAA and Texas A&M closes the book on Manziel's recent issues, a source told McMurphy.

Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M Aggies suspended for 1st half of season opener against Rice Owls - ESPN

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Got off easy. There's no way he wasn't paid for hundreds of autographs. Eh, whatever.

I think the kid will bust in the NFL. After reading that long article about him in ESPN The Magazine, he seems like a real head case with major emotional and maturity issues. I don't see that translating well into being a team leader the NFL.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Got off easy. There's no way he wasn't paid for hundreds of autographs. Eh, whatever.

I think the kid will bust in the NFL. After reading that long article about him in ESPN The Magazine, he seems like a real head case with major emotional and maturity issues. I don't see that translating well into being a team leader the NFL.

He's only 19......

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
With him missing the First Half against one of the worst defenses in D-1, A&M might only score 60 this weekend...:lol:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Then tell me when he starts showing signs of maturity, because as of right now at 19, he's more like 14 with emotional problems.

I'll definitely let you know when he starts.....but you cant expect a 19 year old to be ready to lead an NFL team at QB.

I'm pretty sure you weren't mature and had emotional problems at age 19, I know I did.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I'll definitely let you know when he starts.....but you cant expect a 19 year old to be ready to lead an NFL team at QB.

I'm pretty sure you weren't mature and had emotional problems at age 19, I know I did.

Maybe you should read the article that I read. The kid is a mess. A bigger mess than most 19 year-olds should be. Is it possible that he matures in the next few years, sure. But I wouldn't bet on it is all. Many QBs his age have been MUCH more mature and emotionally stable. I get a Ryan Leaf vibe from this kid. All the physical talent in the world with no brain to make it work.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Maybe you should read the article that I read. The kid is a mess. A bigger mess than most 19 year-olds should be. Is it possible that he matures in the next few years, sure. But I wouldn't bet on it is all. Many QBs his age have been MUCH more mature and emotionally stable. I get a Ryan Leaf vibe from this kid. All the physical talent in the world with no brain to make it work.

k

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Time for the NCAA to be investigated.
That organization is just as corrupt as the programs they oversee.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Manziel is a winner.. Something Ryan Leaf never showed. Manziel easily a better prospect than Ryan Leaf..

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Manziel is a winner.. Something Ryan Leaf never showed. Manziel easily a better prospect than Ryan Leaf..

You're right. Leaf sucks. Leaf is the worst. One has to wonder how Leaf ever got the popularity obtained. Leaf is absolutely pathetic and Leaf is a JOKE. I'm glad we agree on something.

:) :) :)

As for Manziel being a winner... Says he with a vested interest in Manziel. Wonder how many autos that Leaf is sitting on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts