Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Leaf/Brian Gray going to get Johnny Manziel kicked out of NCAA football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
You're right. Leaf sucks. Leaf is the worst. One has to wonder how Leaf ever got the popularity obtained. Leaf is absolutely pathetic and Leaf is a JOKE. I'm glad we agree on something.

:) :) :)

As for Manziel being a winner... Says he with a vested interest in Manziel. Wonder how many autos that Leaf is sitting on.

You do enjoy trying to find angles where there doesnt need to be one. Manziel has so many autos out there it wouldnt matter how many leaf has...

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Manziel is a winner.. Something Ryan Leaf never showed. Manziel easily a better prospect than Ryan Leaf..

Huh?

He led his school to their only PAC 10 Championship ever and lost to the National Champion Michigan Wolverines by 5 points in the Rose Bowl.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Manziel is a winner.. Something Ryan Leaf never showed. Manziel easily a better prospect than Ryan Leaf..

What? I understand hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to bash Ryan Leaf now, but in no way shape or form is Manziel a better college prospect for the NFL than Leaf was.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Huh? Both Leaf and Manning were considered can't miss prospects coming out of college. Don't let his NFL bust status cloud this fact. Manziel's size and arm strength put him behind Leaf as an NFL prospect.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ryan Leaf was a solid prospect heading into draft.. However, he never possessed the intangibles that Manziel has.. It's like Johnny finds a way to win!!

And no, I have no johnny manziel autographs ....

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Huh?

He led his school to their only PAC 10 Championship ever and lost to the National Champion Michigan Wolverines by 5 points in the Rose Bowl.

And Manziel was the only guy who could beat one of the greatest dynasty teams in college football history!

With that being said, I'm a longhorn fan!
Hookem
Horns!!!

BG

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
And Manziel was the only guy who could beat one of the greatest dynasty teams in college football history!

With that being said, I'm a longhorn fan!
Hookem
Horns!!!

BG

With this logic you would assume that Jordan Jefferson or Lee from LSU was a better NFL prospect than Ryan Leaf. They too beat Alabama during a National Championship season.

They were "winners".

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Ryan Leaf was a solid prospect heading into draft.. However, he never possessed the intangibles that Manziel has.. It's like Johnny finds a way to win!!

That's really selling Leaf short. There was considerable pre-draft debate as to whether the Colts should draft Manning or Leaf. I do agree that Manziel is the kind of player that finds a way to win. That's a great intangible. But to me, he is a slightly bigger version of Doug Flutie.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
I recall Sports Illustrated having a headline saying "Manning or Leaf?" It was before the draft so it wasn't as clear then as it is now.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

A solid prospect? Holy revisionist history batman.

The old "grit" argument doesnt really hold water. In your argument, Tebow would have been a better college QB coming out of college.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

But Leaf will forever be connected with him as the first pack pulled (redemption) auto for Manziel. You'd rather that legacy go on with increased values for Leaf cards, rather than Manziel suck as much as Leaf sucks and the card tank in value.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
With this logic you would assume that Jordan Jefferson or Lee from LSU was a better NFL prospect than Ryan Leaf. They too beat Alabama during a National Championship season.

They were "winners".

Did you forget the Heisman? Or his stats which make almost every QB in college football history jealous?

What about the fact that he did this against SEC schools?

I am not an aggie fan, but denying this guy is great is just a sad case of denial!
BG

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Did you forget the Heisman? Or his stats which make almost every QB in college football history jealous?

What about the fact that he did this against SEC schools?

I am not an aggie fan, but denying this guy is great is just a sad case of denial!
BG

Brian,

Is this really Brian controlling the Leaf account?

Yes, the Heisman is the best predictor of future NFL success.

Signed,

Tim Tebow
Andre Ware
Danny Weurffel
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Eric Crouch
Ty Detmer and many more.

The absolute facts of the situation were that Leaf and Manning were neck and neck before the Draft. 50% of the league was ready to take Leaf #1 .

50% of the league is not interested in Manziel at #1 .

And it's not even close.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Brian,

Is this really Brian controlling the Leaf account?

Yes, the Heisman is the best predictor of future NFL success.

Signed,

Tim Tebow
Andre Ware
Danny Weurffel
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Eric Crouch
Ty Detmer and many more.

The absolute facts of the situation were that Leaf and Manning were neck and neck before the Draft. 50% of the league was ready to take Leaf #1 .

50% of the league is not interested in Manziel at #1 .

And it's not even close.

Why are you ignoring the stats?
BG

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Why are you ignoring the stats?
BG
Let's see what the stats look like after this season (even if they're only 2nd half stats lol). I hope the kid does good, it'll mean a hot (licensed) card when it comes out.

Members online

Latest posts