Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some cool Tony Gwynn items and a shoutout! Topps Vault style...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
There's a lot of Gwynn stuff that I don't have and there's a lot that I just pass on. I have seen a lot of Topps Vault stuff come and go, but recently a couple of slides came up on Ebay that struck me. The original slides to make the 1998 Topps Finest The Man insert! One of my all-time favorite cards! I have always loves the classic 90's Insert, the crazy 90's basketball insert design, the rarity of the pull ( 20 card set, 1:119 for regular, 1:793 for refractors), and lastly I love the numbering (regular #'d//500, refractor #'d/75). I love the player selection of the set, too, even though I wish Cruz, Jr and Travis Lee weren't in it, but at the time they were pretty great and can't argue the choice!
Anyways, I threw a bid on them, mostly because I wanted them, but partly because I wanted to watch them come and go out of my price range. (Yes, it happens a lot!)

Fast forward less than an hour later, I check FCB and [MENTION=4986]padremurph[/MENTION] contacts me and low and behold, they're his! He was super nice, and he gave me a great deal. They're not fancy, just encapsulated slides, but they are really cool, and the fact that I bought them from a great FCB member (at a great deal) is really cool, too!
Thanks [MENTION=4986]padremurph[/MENTION]!! HEre they are with the cards:
man1_zpsf10efe5c.jpg
man_zps42cf2a70.jpg

man3_zps94fb5334.jpg
man5_zpsd2ed632f.jpg

man2_zps9308f7c7.jpg
man4_zps92433d79.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
You'd think there would be a ton of these out there somewhere, but you never see them. I was fortunate to up some Panini slides at least 10 years ago - they remain among my favorite Butler items.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't care much for the "Topps Vault" butttttttt those slides/negatives are awesome... I also have a Belle and the corresponding card, which is really cool item.

Members online

Latest posts