Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone doubting the Patriots are the best team in football?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I don't care if they lost 3 games....look at their offense and their (slightly) improved defense. The don't have Gronk and they put up 49 vs the Jets......When Hernandez and Gronk are healthy in the playoffs, who is going to stop them?

Honestly, I've always been a die-hard Pats fan, since the rookie year of Bledsoe. The year they went 16-0 and lost vs. the Giants, I was nervous in the Super Bowl. Last year, I was STILL nervous in the Super Bowl b/c they barely scathed the Ravens and the Giants front line. This year, they look too dominant. The have clicked mid-season. Unless some NFC clicks later in the season (like the XXXXing Giants), I don't see any team challenging the Pats for their 4th title.

BTW, Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all-time and the only debatable candidate is Joe Montana. But since I'm biased, it's Brady.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
If they get to the Super Bowl, it all depends on how I bet. I'm 0 for XXXXing 5 when I bet the Pats in the SB. If I take NE, they either lose or don't cover. If I take the other team, they either lose or don't cover. It's enraging

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
how about you wait till they play some "real" teams..like weeks 14-15..

5 of those wins are against teams they should've beat anyway. Bills and jets twice and a young colts team.
The only good team they beat so-far has been the Broncos...so don't get all excited over the pats.

Don't gauge anything by beating the jets this past Thursday...that means NOTHING!! The Jets Beat themselves...that and they are just a Very bad team.

The pats would be behind - Texans / Falcons and the Niners as the best team in football.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If they get to the Super Bowl, it all depends on how I bet. I'm 0 for XXXXing 5 when I bet the Pats in the SB. If I take NE, they either lose or don't cover. If I take the other team, they either lose or don't cover. It's enraging

You are safe with NE this year when they make the SB. No way it will be NE vs NYG III, Packers won't make it. Falcons will die hard in playoffs. It will either be a rematch of Super Bowl XX or the 49ers will solve their QB woes and match up. Either way, the Pats run them over. No defense can stop a completely healthy Patriots offense.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
how about you wait till they play some "real" teams..like weeks 14-15..

5 of those wins are against teams they should've beat anyway. Bills and jets twice and a young colts team.
The only good team they beat so-far has been the Broncos...so don't get all excited over the pats.

Don't gauge anything by beating the jets this past Thursday...that means NOTHING!! The Jets Beat themselves...that and they are just a Very bad team.

The pats would be behind - Texans / Falcons and the Niners as the best team in football.

They beat the Broncos and the Colts....in fact...the BLEW out the Colts. Those are not teams to scoff at.

They have a new hurry up offense....it obviously clicked against the first game against Buffalo. B/c since then, they are 7-1 with a DIFF of +144.....yes...+144 in 8 games. Can anyone even sniff that?

The way they man-handled the Jets without Gronk, I just suspect when both TE's come back, it's not going to be pretty for any team....

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Who you got?
49ers

wait..the colts? are you trying to say they are some sort of powerhouse team now? They are young team and it showed during that game.
congrats..you beat 1 decent team in Denver..but they were struggling earlier on in the season and didn't get it together till week 6.

The way they man-handled the Jets without Gronk, I just suspect when both TE's come back, it's not going to be pretty for any team....

again...it was the JETS! It doesn't matter who they had at TE.
so w/ that logic..because they beat the jets w/ out their main target... they should beat everyone else once Gronk comes back?
PRICELESS!!

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
49ers

wait..the colts? are you trying to say they are some sort of powerhouse team now? They are young team and it showed during that game.
congrats..you beat 1 decent team in Denver..but they were struggling earlier on in the season and didn't get it together till week 6.

Oh so a team that is 7-4 and beaten teams like Chicago and Green Bay is just immediately written off b/c they were the worst team the year before? What else do they have to do? They have an unbelievable rookie talent at QB and have dramatically improved! After 11 games and 3 games over .500, I think they deserve some credit.

As for the 49ers D, they are equal to the Bears, regardless of what Kaepernick did to them. They are equal in defense but in no way does their defense match up with the Patriots offense. The Pats offense this year is 2x better than their 16-0 year. All Brady had that year was Moss long and Welker short. This year he has 6 elite options in Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, Eldeman, and Woodhead. And that doesn't even include their running game (which does not need to be elite - as proven by Benjarvis Green-Ellis) that gets 4.5 yards each carry b/c the opponents defense is so tired.

We'll see on Dec 16th what the score is. It might be close, b/c the 49ers defense is good. But the Pats offense is better and I predict a score of 30-17...and that is without Gronk.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
haha Thanks for the good laugh this afternoon. and yes..we will see.

ohhh and they didn't beat Chicago..they lost 41-21

Ok, you got me on Chicago. Not sure why I thought they won that game. It wasn't even close. But still, the point remains, they are 7-4 and 2 of their losses of have been to ELITE teams (NE and Chicago). So they aren't one to scoff at.

And quote me in your sig with that scoreline of NE vs. SF if you'd like, if you are so confident.

They play in the XXXX east.. Brady cannot handle getting hit. Two three four good clean chest shots hes happy foot mcgee.. You rattle her and you win. Fact! Look what the giants did and that's not even hitting him every time.

Texans in the afc can score with New England and can shut down the run and cover the welker with a linebacker. They can also exploit the pats young DBS and their blocking scheme can nullify wilfolk as much as possible..

49ers bears and giants in the NFC..

49ers defense can get pressure and cover multi layers of wr with the most dynamic lbs in the game. They can hit you with 2 heavy backs and now their qb makes you play all aspects of the game on defense.

Bears laugh.. Their special teams can be the game changer. Their defense can still get pressure and cover all routes. Cutler will get hit a lot! That said New England has no one to cover Marshall and forte and bush are a great combo from the backfield that will keep the pace fresh.

Giants.. See their history against Brady. They hit him.. They hit him a lot! Their offense has 2 salty threats at wr and a qb who is cerebral enough to pickup mistakes and exploit them.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
They play in the XXXX east.. Brady cannot handle getting hit. Two three four good clean chest shots hes happy foot mcgee.. You rattle her and you win. Fact! Look what the giants did and that's not even hitting him every time.

Texans in the afc can score with New England and can shut down the run and cover the welker with a linebacker. They can also exploit the pats young DBS and their blocking scheme can nullify wilfolk as much as possible..

49ers bears and giants in the NFC..

49ers defense can get pressure and cover multi layers of wr with the most dynamic lbs in the game. They can hit you with 2 heavy backs and now their qb makes you play all aspects of the game on defense.

Bears laugh.. Their special teams can be the game changer. Their defense can still get pressure and cover all routes. Cutler will get hit a lot! That said New England has no one to cover Marshall and forte and bush are a great combo from the backfield that will keep the pace fresh.

Giants.. See their history against Brady. They hit him.. They hit him a lot! Their offense has 2 salty threats at wr and a qb who is cerebral enough to pickup mistakes and exploit them.

Giants need to make the playoffs first....

The Texans use a LB to cover Welker? Awesome! Who is covering Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, Edelman, or Woodhead? There are too many great offensive weapons for the Pats. You need 5 ELITE defensive COVERAGE options to master the Pats.

The Texans and 49ers games will just prove how dominant the Pats are. I won't be surprised if they are close games. But the Pats will come out as winners. They finish 13-3 and at worst, 12-4.

You need 5 elite coverage guys to cover on a single play? OL 5 players, Tom Brady, Ridley, you have gronk and Hernandez, welker, and Lloyd. And the combination of them.

If you get pressure on Brady which is not impossible you lose 1 more option in order to block. So 1 rb and 3 in patterns. Welker has dick for speed and is a short route guy. A linebacker can cover him. Gronk is less of a threat vertically than Hernandez. So you really need 1 solid man coverage guy for Lloyd. Hitting Brady makes everything else moot.

The giants will make the playoffs.. The NFC east is on par with the afc east! The giants make Brady whistle while she twerks!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
You need 5 elite coverage guys to cover on a single play? OL 5 players, Tom Brady, Ridley, you have gronk and Hernandez, welker, and Lloyd. And the combination of them.

If you get pressure on Brady which is not impossible you lose 1 more option in order to block. So 1 rb and 3 in patterns. Welker has dick for speed and is a short route guy. A linebacker can cover him. Gronk is less of a threat vertically than Hernandez. So you really need 1 solid man coverage guy for Lloyd. Hitting Brady makes everything else moot.

The giants will make the playoffs.. The NFC east is on par with the afc east! The giants make Brady whistle while she twerks!

Puff Puff Pass Pass man. Don't be selfish.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
How many more super bowls does this guy have to win before he is considered the greatest ever? I mean he is winning with basically journeymen at RB
and WR. This years offense looks like a HOF group compared to what he had before. What is most impressive is that they guy is smart and won't make a
stupid mistake like so many other QB's do and it would be funny that back in 2000 when card companies where making cards of almost everyone in the entire
draft that they would miss someone who might become the greatest QB ever. dun

Kevin

PS The Jets just plain suck

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I'd take the Houston D, plus the Schaub/Johnson/Foster connection over the Pats. In fact I don't think Pat could score XXXX against the 49ers D.

Members online

Latest posts