Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Baseball Best Collection Tournament!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Looking forward to this. Will you use the Polling feature for voting? As much as I enjoy my PC, I know I cannot hold a candle to many of you guys.

There is a card I have seen from a user on here that I would love to see entered in this. But, I don't remember who has it and I don't want to say what it is and spoil it for him! Argh! I will just have to watch and hope it shows up in this.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Looking forward to this. Will you use the Polling feature for voting? As much as I enjoy my PC, I know I cannot hold a candle to many of you guys.

There is a card I have seen from a user on here that I would love to see entered in this. But, I don't remember who has it and I don't want to say what it is and spoil it for him! Argh! I will just have to watch and hope it shows up in this.

Ill enter you, the idea came to me not because i wanted to see the richest/biggest PC on the site, I did it so we could all see some amazing cards that are owned by members of this forum! If you don't want to play when the tournament starts, you can forfeit. But for now, ill enter you!

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
If anyone has any ideas for categories for each round, please tell me. Right now i have these....

Autographs
Game used items
Memorabilia(balls, jerseys, posters, etc)
Numbered Cards
Graded Cards
Certain Brand
Certain Year

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Plate may be an OK category. Or even a specific team. The more categories, the longer you can go with this idea.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Ill enter you, the idea came to me not because i wanted to see the richest/biggest PC on the site, I did it so we could all see some amazing cards that are owned by members of this forum! If you don't want to play when the tournament starts, you can forfeit. But for now, ill enter you!

OK, I will play.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Another idea for a category could be a specific product...Like Bowman Chrome, TierOne, Topps base cards, etc.

As far as numbered cards go, I would specify that it has to be be /50 for a round, or /100, etc. Otherwise you will get a lot of 1/1 out of the gate. This also gives you more rounds to work with.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Another idea for a category could be a specific product...Like Bowman Chrome, TierOne, Topps base cards, etc.

As far as numbered cards go, I would specify that it has to be be /50 for a round, or /100, etc. Otherwise you will get a lot of 1/1 out of the gate. This also gives you more rounds to work with.

Yes, i was already thinking that! I think in the earlier rounds it should start like /100 then each round go down to like /50, /25, /10, /5, /1.... Something like that!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Not sure how long you want to run with the idea, but you could do an entire "tournament" with each of the categories. Meaning if you have 32 people, each submit a card numbered /100 and then go head to head 32-16-8-4-2-1 to get to the #1 card /100. Was that what you were thinking?

If you do a randomized match between participants (prior to submission) and someone does not have a card in that category (Cleveland Indians, for example) then the matched opponent gets a bye to the next round. That way everyone is "in" each round and you do not need to redo the math. But, if they opt out of the category it only impacts that round.

Ugh...maybe I am overthinking your idea. Sorry.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Decided sense its the first time thing, we will go for 16 participants this tournament and if I do this again, maybe we can try 32!

So that being said, 2 Spots Left!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
You could have oddball categories like "Someone making an ugly face on a card" or "Card with an advertisement in the background" type categories.

Members online

Latest posts