Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~^~^~^~^ Thursday Morning Thread ~^~^~^~^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
In honor of the Master's opening round today
JackNicklaus8x10_zpsc60a8238.jpg

[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...ple-threads-auto-quicksaleee.html#post7046359

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Good morning gents!

Asked it last night but the thread was pretty thin - Why are '89 UD Griffey RCs so hard to get a 10? I'm going to try my hand at sending a few in sometime soon but just curious... such an iconic card and feel like if you had a 10 it'd be great.
I will try and remember this story as I type but somewhere around 2000 or 2001 I used to send in cards to PSA. A good friend of mine had a great looking awesome shape UD Griffey RC. We looked it over pretty good and we were feeling good about our submission. Well the card came back a 6. We were stunned. So much so I had to call PSA. I never fully understood their explaination but it had to do with the holograms on that card. Not being complete or something to that effect. Even after what they told me and then comparing it to his card it still didn't make any sense to me. So maybe you can check your holograms or maybe find some info on that subject.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I will try and remember this story as I type but somewhere around 2000 or 2001 I used to send in cards to PSA. A good friend of mine had a great looking awesome shape UD Griffey RC. We looked it over pretty good and we were feeling good about our submission. Well the card came back a 6. We were stunned. So much so I had to call PSA. I never fully understood their explaination but it had to do with the holograms on that card. Not being complete or something to that effect. Even after what they told me and then comparing it to his card it still didn't make any sense to me. So maybe you can check your holograms or maybe find some info on that subject.
Never thought to look at the hologram.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
That's really tempting. I do like the 2013 Five Star autos more than 2012, which is what I have for Dawson. I'm too busy saving my money right now though :lol:

I already have this card (haven't scanned and posted it yet) or I would buy it, almost bought it anyways for that price.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man, I must be sleeping or something but I don't remember paying "tax" on my eBay baseball card transactions haha. Seen that on the last few deals and just don't remember paying for "tax" - this something relatively new or am I just an idiot.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
The only time I ever had to pay tax on an eBay transaction is purchases from sellers in my home State of CT.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mac - I know I've paid a state tax when the seller was located in Minnesota. That's the only time on eBay I've ever paid taxes though.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Howdy boys

@Hawk8 - that's not bad, but I've seen several sell in the $10-12 dlvd range.

It's not a must-have for me right now.

Wow, I haven't seen the ones numbered out of /25 sell that low, that's usually the price of the ones that are numbered to 386 or whatever it is

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Wow, I haven't seen the ones numbered out of /25 sell that low, that's usually the price of the ones that are numbered to 386 or whatever it is
Ah, was on my phone and didn't see that it was /25.

Still not a must-own for me though, much like the rest of the topps cards from the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts