Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THREAD*****3/14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
Morning all, kinda weird story, wondering what y’all think…

I bought into a break on eBay, no issues, package sent, Saturday it gets “delivered” with the tracking reading “delivered, left with individual”. We are pretty rural so the mail gets delivered to a cluster of rural route boxes. We were definitely not there Saturday, so it wasn’t left with us, checked the box Sunday and nothing. Monday still nothing but the carrier was there, so I asked them about it and they said they couldn’t remember, there were a lot of packages Saturday. They were pretty quick to say they’d just give me cash for it if I provided an invoice. Ok, I’d rather have my package but if they lost it, whatever. Yesterday I’m at work and I get a call and it turns out it the carrier, no idea how they got my number, and they called from their personal phone, not the PO phone. They said oh is that the package I left with your wife. I called back, no, my wife wasn’t there, if you left it with someone else you basically gave my package away. Oh no, that’s not what happened, I just remembered giving someone a package and thought it might have been your wife…nope! So I left the invoice in our box and I’ll see what happens, but the whole thing just sits weird with me. Any postal workers around to chime in? Anyone else have this happen to them? I’ll update when I have more info

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

I bought into a break on eBay, no issues, package sent, Saturday it gets “delivered” with the tracking reading “delivered, left with individual”. We are pretty rural so the mail gets delivered to a cluster of rural route boxes. We were definitely not there Saturday, so it wasn’t left with us, checked the box Sunday and nothing. Monday still nothing but the carrier was there, so I asked them about it and they said they couldn’t remember, there were a lot of packages Saturday. They were pretty quick to say they’d just give me cash for it if I provided an invoice. Ok, I’d rather have my package but if they lost it, whatever. Yesterday I’m at work and I get a call and it turns out it the carrier, no idea how they got my number, and they called from their personal phone, not the PO phone. They said oh is that the package I left with your wife. I called back, no, my wife wasn’t there, if you left it with someone else you basically gave my package away. Oh no, that’s not what happened, I just remembered giving someone a package and thought it might have been your wife…nope! So I left the invoice in our box and I’ll see what happens, but the whole thing just sits weird with me. Any postal workers around to chime in? Anyone else have this happen to them? I’ll update when I have more info

Had one said deliverd didn't get it. Was real tuff$$$ Card. 3 weeks later on a Sunday someone put it in my.mail box.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

1manvs1world

Jul 30, 2023
San Diego

I would recommend going to your local post office and asking to speak with the “post master” not a supervisor. Bring a copy of your tracking description. If the mail carrier scanned your package as being given away to a stranger at the mailbox there are definitely signs that indicate your package was not handled correctly. If you don’t speak with the “post master” you will be talking with a supervisor who is likely overburdened and not going to investigate your case fully. If there are several mailboxes, “a bank” is the term used for a bundle of boxes along the side of the road, I’d take photos there as well. Reason for taking photos of the boxes is WHY would the mail carrier give packages away without asking for identification. You might not recover your package, but it seems very shady. It might also be worth your time to ask for information regarding contacting the postal inspector.
Like any other business, there are employees that don’t care and some that are just terrible at what they do. Good luck dealing with the postal service. It used to be a reliable source of delivery.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
hope you never have to deal with GREENSBORO ref mail -----wife and I take in local PO ask her about checks NEVER getting there . Told us many asking same thing . One local drop box had back door open and a full basket out back of it --NOT where we go but in 1 mile of other place. AAH the feeling of sorting 3000 Steelers and 3000 Patriots to alpha order - maybe five more out of four sports teams to do ---make 5 packs of each letter / some multi players. Well time to work on pool soon-shuttle in couple hours

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Morning all!

Great weather for my day off…

@MrMet2.0

Is your PO small enough to know specific people at it?

My old one I knew everybody but my new one has almost monthly turnover
local is at Hardware store ---employee works for store . Bad / sad day If I have to go to town office . I try to avoid town .

Dodgerfan74

Oct 6, 2008
I live in a townhouse in Vegas. The mailboxes are all together I constantly get other people’s mail. I have also had nice people put mail they received that was mine on my doorstep

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
So apparently the carrier also called our neighbor and asked her if she gave her a package. Our neighbor said no, and actually heard the story already, so she called my wife right after.

Apparently someone came up to the carrier, said hey that’s my package and the carrier just gave it to her without checking ID or anything…this story just keeps getting weirder and weirder and I think I need to go talk to a higher up at the post office like was suggested before

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Evening all!

Doesn’t look good for my Villanova making the Big Dance.

Two years in a row since the HOF Coach Jay Wright retired…

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Evening all! No tornadoes last night! I just got rain. The Kansas side and North KC got big hail. The biggest was 3.5", it was busting out windshields. The weather guy I watch was calling it "Gorilla hail." I think I need to find another weather guy.

It's really nice today. Supposed the freeze again Sunday.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts

Sounds like the mail carrier is trying to cover their ass after he/she screwed up.

Members online

Latest posts