Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Topps Collectors Chips...Anyone know about these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Just picked up this for about $5. I've never seen one of these before so I thought $5 was worth a try

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

They are from this set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Derek-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Were there team sets for each team, just playoff teams or just ALCS/NLCS teams? Has anyone seen these before? Anyone know rarity? I can't really find anything on them and they aren't listed in Beckett.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I'm not sure if I have seen them myself. [MENTION=4705]olerud363[/MENTION] there is an Olerud in the set. Maybe he knows. I wouldn't mind the Bernie.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I don't own one but I do have "2004 Topps LCS Yankees Collector Poker Chip" on my Olerud master checklist. I can't remember where I originally heard about these chips, but I'd assume they were issued as team sets for each of the four LCS teams.

I'm surprised to see that a Google search for these chips has the top two results being my Olerud listings from my old (now defunct) website and my current website.
1422321921310.jpg

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Hi, they did one for the Red Sox World Series win. I just got one for the Bronson Arroyo chip and i'm liquidating the rest to cover what i paid for the set. If anyone is interested, here is the checklist. Let me know if you want one: $5 apiece for common guys, $10 for stars (Damon, Schilling, Pedro, Ortiz).

Mark Bellhorn
Orlando Cabrera
JOhnny Damon
Alan Embree
Keith Foulke
Terry Francona
Gabe Kapler
Curtis Leskanic
Derek Lowe
Ramiro Mendoza
Doug Mientkiewicz
Kevin Millar