Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Question for everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
So, I shipped out a card, and the buyer is claiming that I sent him the wrong card and he took a picture of it but I can't see the serial number of the BGS card that I supposedly sent him.

I told him that I would refund him after he sent the card back to me (I want to make sure that this Ebay buyer isn't lying to me by just posting a picture of another BGS 9 card of the same player since the other Ebay buyer I messaged who I did sell the same card to hasn't responded to my queries). Is that a reasonable request? He's demanding that he get reimbursed right away and that he'll send the card out on Saturday.

Is it reasonable that I ask that he send the card back? It's not a big card but it's still a $50 card compared the $113 card that I supposedly did not send him. I'm still dubious that I sent him the wrong card because I literally match up packages and cards as I ship them out to prevent these sorts of errors.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Ask him to send a picture with the serial number at the top in it. Is there anything in his ebay history that shows him winning the card he's saying was sent by mistake?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Ask him to send a picture with the serial number at the top in it. Is there anything in his ebay history that shows him winning the card he's saying was sent by mistake?

I am asking that he send it back and then I will refund. The card that I supposedly sent him is approximately a $50 card. The card he is saying that he didn't receive is approximately a $115 card. Also, he's bought quite a few cards, and so far, I don't see that he has bought the same card. It's not a totally rare card, so I'm just naturally suspicious when someone demands that I refund immediately rather than wait until after he ships back to me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, just ask him to be reasonable and send you a clear picture of the serial number. If he doesn't, then tell him he is playing games. If he is straight up, he will do it and you'll see that it's the card you sent, etc. I don't think it's bad that you asked him to send you the card.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Lisa, I'd wait for a return here. It's not unreasonable...especially under this scenario.

Supposedly you sent the wrong card...yet the buyer wants a refund, then return it and not the original card? (Again, assuming that you made a mistake...which is doubtful.)

caduke

Apr 14, 2013
NE NYS
It won't hurt to check with Ebay here either because there is a policy for everything. And I believe merchandise must be returned before a refund is issued. If not it would be to easy for someone to keep what they bought and get there money back and never be heard from again. Especially people who don't have long standing accounts with Ebay who just want to buy something and not get involved with the feedback. To many scammers. Don't lose out on both your item and your money. Don't let them "strong arm" you either. Be cordial, but be firm. But I'd check Ebay so you have something behind you he can't argue against.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Pretty sure they need to show proof of returning it to you to win a case with eBay on this. If they won't return it, let them open a case - you're in the clear.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
It won't hurt to check with Ebay here either because there is a policy for everything. And I believe merchandise must be returned before a refund is issued. If not it would be to easy for someone to keep what they bought and get there money back and never be heard from again. Especially people who don't have long standing accounts with Ebay who just want to buy something and not get involved with the feedback. To many scammers. Don't lose out on both your item and your money. Don't let them "strong arm" you either. Be cordial, but be firm. But I'd check Ebay so you have something behind you he can't argue against.

+1 - Having the proof that you contacted EBAY for advice could really help you if a case is opened.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Lisa, no return, no refund. Plain and simple for now. But after 45 days eBay and PayPal may have other ideas though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts