Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'09 NON-prospect breakout canidates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Incline Investments said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
HOWIE KENDRICK :D

Those BGS 9.5 TC Refs, and TC Xs /20 are two of the most beautiful cards ever made.

if he stays healthy, i think we can expect .320 15 85 out of howie
HOWIE.jpg
howieref.jpg
howieunc.jpg
kendrickunc.jpg
kendrickgold1.jpg
kendrickgold2.jpg
howieauto.jpg
howieaybar.jpg
howiebtl.jpg
howiekendry-1.jpg
howieweaver.jpg
howieweaver2.jpg
howiewood.jpg
howielackey.jpg
jsa1.jpg
kendrickprovo.jpg
howiebat.jpg

also have the following not scanned...

tct xfractor #/20
tct x10 including a bgs 9.5 and a psa 10
ttrd x12 including a psa 10 and a sgc/jsa slabbed auto
ttrd gold #/2004 x6
pristine common
pristine uncommon #/999 x6
pristine rare #/499 x4
pristine mini
pristine common refractor #/999 x3 including a bgs 9
topps 52 auto x2
various minor lg issues

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
I'm hoping V-Mart is back to All Star quality this year after an injury ridden 2008.

His cards are at ROCK BOTTOM right now. Not looking for them to be higher than they were, but I'd like to see them steadily creep back up to where they used to be before last year.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
Justin Upton. If he is as good as all the scouts have said, I think this could be the year to see big things from him. I am a big splits guy, and he had some interesting ones last year. Insanely good hitter at home; VERY bad on the road. Great during the day; stunk at night. It's not a matter of if he puts it together, it's a matter of when.

And when we're talking about players that spike in value, they have to do one of two things...

a) hit a lot of home runs
b) do something extraordinary

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'm going with Stephen Drew and Carlos Gomez. Gomez has the ability to be a stolen base leader, and Drew is a very good consistent player.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Grady Sizemore. Yes, he's already "broken out", but this is the year he puts it ALL together.

.300, 40-40, I'm calling it. He will be a Top 5 MLBer by the end of this season.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I agree on the Kendrick. He would have already broken out if he could just stay healthy. Every year I pick him up in fantasy, and then watch him get hurt. When he does actually play he shows signs of being great.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
ryanhoward06 said:
Ronny Paulino.

;)

I like the Paulino pick, but I love the chances of Ryan Doumit breaking out given an everyday start out of the gates (as long as he stays healthy)! :D

It was great trade for the Phils. A guy who probably won't make the majors(Jarillamo) for Paulino who has a lot of talent but some questionable makeup. That makeup leading to him getting lazy and not caring. I think the Phillies clubhouse will hopefully help him.

Watching the Caribbean series it look like he put on a lot of muscle and lost a little weight. He didn't look "soft". The one at bat I saw he crushed a ball 30 rows back in left field

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I mentioned Kelly Shoppach earlier. Look how much him and Jack Parkman (Major League II) look alike. Maybe Shoppach could incorporate the "shimmy" into his batting stance. I bet Redsox are regretting that trade now.

jack_parkman_01.jpg
shoppach0731.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
I mentioned Kelly Shoppach earlier. Look how much him and Jack Parkman (Major League II) look alike. Maybe Shoppach could incorporate the "shimmy" into his batting stance. I bet Redsox are regretting that trade now.

jack_parkman_01.jpg

shoppach0731.jpg

shoppach.jpg

Makes me feel better about pulling this yesterday

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
Will you guys lay off the Shoppach? Can't a guy collect without the hype?

I don't own any of his cards. I was just watching random homerun video's on AOL and his mooshots were really impressive. He's older ,but I'm interested in what kind of numbers he could put up in a full season.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
Erick Aybar puts up a .285 10hr 71 rbi 20sb

He's looked real good during the winter leagues. Injuries were holding him back a bit last year.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
This may be slightly biased, but I say MIGUEL CABRERA. I am predicting a .330+, 45 HR+ year for him. ;)

Members online