Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1/17 Daily thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
J-Rod said:
I prospect :cool:

Yeah, but you aren't a *********.

I'm not gonna mention names, but every time I see a certain poster (whose name phonetically rhymes with "BessierDeux"), I want to karate chop him in the jugular

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
RITM said:
Mentioned this on the baseball board. gilmo gave me a PayPal transaction in place of the Halloween item I won. I used it to grab this:

tribunerip.jpg

1980 wire photo of Cal from his days with the AA Charlotte O's. Cal is 19 in the picture.
I just noticed that his name is wrong in the description above the photo.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
J-Rod said:
JoshHamilton said:
[quote="J-Rod":1ai197gw]I prospect :cool:

I'm not gonna mention names, but every time I see a certain poster (whose name phonetically rhymes with "BessierDeux"), I want to karate chop him in the jugular

not familiar[/quote:1ai197gw]

Ok...then pretend his screen name is Bessierdeux then. That would make his screen name phonetically rhyme with "Messier2"

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
J-Rod said:
JoshHamilton said:
[quote="J-Rod":3fedbr2x]I prospect :cool:

not familiar

Ok...then pretend his screen name is Bessierdeux then. That would make his screen name phonetically rhyme with "Messier2"[/quote:3fedbr2x]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
bigcrumbs is pissing me off

I now remember 99% of the time to use it when I snipe something but never remember to do it if I make a Best Offer

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
JoshHamilton said:
J-Rod said:

Do you have any more THOUGHTS??? you want to add?

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
JoshHamilton said:
Seiya said:
JoshHamilton said:
J-Rod said:

Huh?
Ahh come on.
BA's top 10 LA prospects,
Thoughts????

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
fireman Ed has an app. You can apparently make him say anything. Potential.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Seiya said:
JoshHamilton said:
Seiya said:
JoshHamilton said:
J-Rod said:

Huh?
Ahh come on.
BA's top 10 LA prospects,
Thoughts????

Haha.

RITM, when is the last time a Ripken Police orange showed up for sale? If I had say $3k to spend, could I afford one? And in what grade?

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
The last orange that changed hands that I know of was in the amount of $2,650 and it was ungraded. A copy has not hit the auction block in nearly 5 years. I heard a copy was at the National with a $10k price tag. The other factor is that more collectors are aware of them now. I am not sure if Cal even knows about it. One of the guys in the set told me he was not aware of it until a few years ago. Personally I feel there are plenty of Ripken collectors that would give $3k in any condition. To this day I am still only aware of 7-8 of them in existence.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Damn. I've wanted that card for years.

I love rare cards. Not manufactured-serially-numbered-rare cards, but actually RARE. The type of card you search for for years-on-end-rare. Like the Ripken, like the '77 Chong Modesto Rickey Henderson.

I love minor league cards. Picked up the '80 Sandberg TCMA Reading card several years back. PSA 8, $676. None graded higher

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
that is a great buy. The market got saturated when I got mine and I could've got a second. Someone came in a shop in a suburb of Charlotte and consigned 5 orange Ripkens. After the sale of the third (under $1k) the person took the two remaining copies before they could be sold. I genuinely believe that card will hit $10k in my lifetime once the story gets out. Think about it, there are more known T-206 Wagners than the police Ripken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts