Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

10/20 Daily Thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
deceptikon1978 said:
ffgameman said:
JoshHamilton said:
ffgameman said:
deceptikon1978 said:
Never been to TCC, don't even know what it stands for.

Looking from the outside in, boards that ban members for calling out scammers seems real shady to me. I'm just going by what is posted here, no idea about any other underlying issues.

On a side note, I'm all about a good fiasco :)

Problem is - it might be a better idea to contact a mod (in a respectful manner) before straight calling someone out.

Why? He didn't have a transaction with a mod. He had a transaction with a member.

Trying to moderate trading is completely and utterly pointless. It isn't like contacting eBay or paypal, who can actually help you in getting your money or card back. All a mod can do is ban someone. That does nothing to alleviate the problem of getting ripped off.

Why? Because the transaction with the member existed (and was a problem) ON ANOTHER FORUM.

He was ripped on SCFreaks, not TCC.

So if I rip you off here and then go join TCC, we are just peachy?

No - but can't you understand another forum's viewpoint?

The member being called out on TCC has been a member since June 07 with 2,000+ posts, 32 completed transactions and 1 failed.

wheeler has been a member since late '09 with only 2 posts (both about Ross).

Being an outside party, considering the transaction in question happened elsewhere - what could TCC mods do (especially considering wheeler's attitude toward the mods he contacted)?

I hate it that Wheeler was cheated and hope Ross lives up to his end of the deal - but TCC can't force Ross to complete a deal that didn't take place there.

Oct 14, 2008
J-Rod said:
as a member of about 8 message boards if I have a bad deal on one I am telling all of them to watch out for that person. Not sure why you don't see that
It isn't the fact that he did it, it is the way that he did it.

TCC DOES NOT allow any negative comments towards other members whatsoever.
Had he simply pm'ed a moderator, and warned him, that way it could be taken care of for the entire site in one fell swoop, it would have been a non-issue.

However, he chose to knowingly violate TCC rules on two occasions. After he was told to change his signature, he changed it back a short period of time later, a clear act of defiance toward the moderators.

So, in conclusion, if I had been ripped off, I would certainly do the same thing, however, I would make sure it is done in the right way first.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
deceptikon1978 said:
ffgameman said:
If the guy ripped you off on one site and you can't get the problem resolved there, what difference is calling him out elsewhere gonna do?

Helping others to not get ripped off?

You have to look at it from that site's viewpoint. One member getting ripped off elsewhere compared to 32 successful transactions on Trading Card Central.

Not every site (as in, almost no other trading forum) gives the kind of freedom and openness that FCB does in this respect....which can be a good and bad thing.

And, not quite J-Rod. I've been a member on TCC for 4 years, so I would know. Rules are stricter than FCB but nothing near SCF.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
ffgameman said:
deceptikon1978 said:
ffgameman said:
JoshHamilton said:
ffgameman said:
[quote="deceptikon1978":jlka03i6]Never been to TCC, don't even know what it stands for.

Looking from the outside in, boards that ban members for calling out scammers seems real shady to me. I'm just going by what is posted here, no idea about any other underlying issues.

On a side note, I'm all about a good fiasco :)

Problem is - it might be a better idea to contact a mod (in a respectful manner) before straight calling someone out.

Why? He didn't have a transaction with a mod. He had a transaction with a member.

Trying to moderate trading is completely and utterly pointless. It isn't like contacting eBay or paypal, who can actually help you in getting your money or card back. All a mod can do is ban someone. That does nothing to alleviate the problem of getting ripped off.

Why? Because the transaction with the member existed (and was a problem) ON ANOTHER FORUM.

He was ripped on SCFreaks, not TCC.

So if I rip you off here and then go join TCC, we are just peachy?

No - but can't you understand another forum's viewpoint?

The member being called out on TCC has been a member since June 07 with 2,000+ posts, 32 completed transactions and 1 failed.

wheeler has been a member since late '09 with only 2 posts (both about Ross).

Being an outside party, considering the transaction in question happened elsewhere - what could TCC mods do (especially considering wheeler's attitude toward the mods he contacted)?

I hate it that Wheeler was cheated and hope Ross lives up to his end of the deal - but TCC can't force Ross to complete a deal that didn't take place there.[/quote:jlka03i6]

I wouldn't expect TCC to do anything. Just remember it's only a matter of time before ross get someone on TCC. Ross always seemed like a good dude here when he was posting but he got people here and on SCF.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Seiya said:
deceptikon1978 said:
Seiya said:
Free at last, good luck with the MRI Puck. And what's with all the drama queenness stuff this week.

I'm telling everyone you stole my underwear.
The Chargers lost to the Rams so if anyone is going to act like a bitch it should be me. :geek:

:lol: I'm just glad you are still posting. Put the electrical cords away, everything will be fine. You can keep my underwear.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
tikitomoka said:
Daaamiiitt I missed the drama ::facepalm::

Ross is a ******, though. Js.

The football side just can't keep the drama up like the baseball guys can. :lol:

And I see that as a good thing.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
ffgameman said:
tikitomoka said:
Daaamiiitt I missed the drama ::facepalm::

Ross is a ******, though. Js.

The football side just can't keep the drama up like the baseball guys can. :lol:

And I see that as a good thing.
I <3 drama though. Had some good times on freaks :oops: