Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I thought I'd share my Sportkings Spectacular Patch cards - baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
I really like this set of authentic, game-used patch cards from this year's Sportkings Series E. Each card is a 1/1, and there are 250 total cards in the set spanning all major sports as well as many others.

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing these. I'll update this post as more come in.

Wheeler Collection presents:

Jacoby Ellsbury:

Hank Aaron:

Rod Carew:

Jim Rice:

Brooks Robinson:

Roberto Alomar:

Curt Schilling:

Nolan Ryan:

Robin Yount:

Andrew Dawson:

Dave Stewart:

Barry Larkin:

Mike Schmidt:

Rollie Fingers:

Dennis Martinez:

Bert Blyleven:

Pete Rose (Reds):

Tony Gwynn:

Barry Bonds:

Reggie Jackson:

Dave Winfield:

Pete Rose (Expos):

Gary Carter:

Magglio Ordonez:

Steve Garvey:

Carlton Fisk:

Vladimir Guerrero:

Dontrelle Willis:

Dustin Pedroia:

Bo Jackson:

Tom Glavine:

Joe Mauer:

Frank Thomas:

Dave Parker:

Mariano Rivera:

Stan Musial:

John Smoltz:

Jose Reyes:

Jason Varitek:

Duke Snider:

Alex Rodriguez:

Roger Clemens:

Ozzie Smith:

Darryl Strawberry:

Sportkings Spectacular Patch redemption cards from the 2012 National in Baltimore:

Jennie Finch:

Alan Trammell:

Pete Rose:

Cal Ripken Jr:

Chipper Jones:

Tony Gwynn:

Tom Glavine:

Steve Garvey:

Nomar Garciaparra:

Jacoby Ellsbury:

George Brett:

Barry Bonds:

Hank Aaron:

Luis Aparicio:

Jennie Finch:

Manny Ramirez:

Dustin Pedroia:

Mike Trout:

Wil Myers:

Bo Jackson:

Eddie Mathews:

Jose Reyes:

Bill Skowron:

Harold Baines:

If you like these and want to see more, here are links to my Sportkings Spectacular Patches from the other sports:

Basketball:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...Sportkings-Spectacular-Patch-cards-basketball

Football:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...y-Sportkings-Spectacular-Patch-cards-football

Hockey:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...-my-Sportkings-Spectacular-Patch-cards-hockey

Other Various Sports:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...ortkings-Spectacular-Patch-cards-other-sports

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Love it! I saw the Rose and was close to going after it. I enjoy my licensed collection for the simple fact that it has the players face on the card most of the time but I Have My share of ITG and Sportskings stuff and just love it. Sure the cards themselves could have players pictures (without Mlb logo) or more design but I buy into it more for the memorbilia in it. Great Stuff and Thanks for showing it off!

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
I don't have the Ripken Jr. I could be mistaken, but I don't think he has one in this set. You'd think he would though.

I understand the desire to have player pictures on cards. I agree that it is nicer to have them on there. I find it odd that even the major companies are starting to leave them off from time to time.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Those patches are insane!! Really sweet cards all around as far as the patches as well as the players.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
That set has some great patches in it. It's a stretch to call the Dawson "spectacular," but most of them certainly fit the name. I thought of going after a few, but after seeing the ones you have I probably just would have been outbid. Where did you get the Brooks Robinson? I don't remember seeing that one.

I picked up a few of the 2010 Famous Fabrics Incredible Emblems 1/1 patches when the set came out, but this set seems to have a wider range of players in it and more people bidding on the cards. I picked up my Yount for $100 and my Rose for $168. It looks like our Yount's may be from the same jersey, but my Rose looks like it came from a Reds jersey and yours is clearly from an Expos jersey.

MLBRobinYountIncredible.jpg
MLBPeteRoseIncredible.jpg

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
That set has some great patches in it. It's a stretch to call the Dawson "spectacular," but most of them certainly fit the name. I thought of going after a few, but after seeing the ones you have I probably just would have been outbid. Where did you get the Brooks Robinson? I don't remember seeing that one.

I picked up a few of the 2010 Famous Fabrics Incredible Emblems 1/1 patches when the set came out, but this set seems to have a wider range of players in it and more people bidding on the cards. I picked up my Yount for $100 and my Rose for $168. It looks like our Yount's may be from the same jersey, but my Rose looks like it came from a Reds jersey and yours is clearly from an Expos jersey.

You have some great looking patches too! I thought long and hard about chasing those Incredible Emblems, but since they aren't Sportkings cards, I decided against it.

I picked up the Robinson off-line.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Very cool stuff. Would this be your vote for product of the year?

:D Yes!

There are 256 different individually painted cards in this release along with these Spectacular Patches. There are cut autos of Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner and Christie Matthewson, just to name a few. And there are a couple amazing redemption programs to reward collectors as well as box breakers. All on-card autos with zero redemptions inserted into packs is a model I'd like to see other manufacturers replicate.

I can't imagine a non-rookie product topping it, "from a collector's point of view".

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Love how the name for the Pete Rose card is just "Rose" lol :confused:

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
OMFG

How many do you have out of the 256? Amazing!

Have you seen where the Lance Armstrong with the USPS emblem ended up? Is there a Michael Jordan?

<AJ>

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Awsome Wheeler, How do you find most of these before they even hit ebay? The only ones I have seen are the Carter and Aaron and I pushed both of those on the price. The Carter not so much, lol. Love the collection!