Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I thought I'd share my Sportkings Spectacular Patch cards - baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
I can't believe it's been over a year since I've updated this thread. I just added all kinds of new cards to the original post. :D

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
i had never seen the Garvey cards. Assume they went to you privately. Are the all 1/1s? Besides your copies, I've never seen any other Garvey cards from this set. I'd like to own them, but at the rate a couple new buyers are driving up garvey prices to INSANE levels, if one showed up now, it would end up in someone else's collection anyway.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
i had never seen the Garvey cards. Assume they went to you privately. Are the all 1/1s? Besides your copies, I've never seen any other Garvey cards from this set. I'd like to own them, but at the rate a couple new buyers are driving up garvey prices to INSANE levels, if one showed up now, it would end up in someone else's collection anyway.

Yes, they are all 1/1s. Most of these come to me privately, but they do occasionally appear on ebay and COMC. Not many Garvey cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Any chance I can get you to scan the two Garvey backs? I try to keep scans of any cards I don't own for future reference. Thanks.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
cool, thank you! Maybe someday if I ever get everything scanned, they can be part of my Steve Garvey gallery of cards I don't own.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I've been collecting White Sox patch cards for about a decade, and that Aparicio is the best White Sox patch I've ever seen. I have a couple nice ones from 2005 Sweet Spot Classic, but the Sportkings patch is much bigger. The Bill Skowron looks like a Sox jersey, as well.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
I've been collecting White Sox patch cards for about a decade, and that Aparicio is the best White Sox patch I've ever seen. I have a couple nice ones from 2005 Sweet Spot Classic, but the Sportkings patch is much bigger. The Bill Skowron looks like a Sox jersey, as well.

In my opinion, Sportkings is very under appreciated. They produce some of the nicest, authentic patches in the industry, yet it seems they are almost unknown.

You are correct. Both the Aparicio and Skowron are game-used White Sox jerseys. Here's what the Skowron says on the back:

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Awesome collection. After seeing your collection it almost seems right for you to get the whole set. Personally I think the first Tony Gwynn was the nicest of them all. One thing about the Glavines, why are they all Mets Jerseys? I mean the dude is a Braves HOFer!

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Awesome collection. After seeing your collection it almost seems right for you to get the whole set. Personally I think the first Tony Gwynn was the nicest of them all. One thing about the Glavines, why are they all Mets Jerseys? I mean the dude is a Braves HOFer!

I would love to be able to get the whole set, but several of those I don't have are already under lock and key in aggressive player-collector PCs. It would take me a lifetime, and a lot of luck, to put this set together.

What's the cheapest one you've landed (price not which one)?

$60.