Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I thought I'd share my Sportkings Spectacular Patch cards - baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
OMFG

How many do you have out of the 256? Amazing!

Have you seen where the Lance Armstrong with the USPS emblem ended up? Is there a Michael Jordan?

<AJ>

There are a total of 315 counting the redemptions, and I have 158, so .5 over half of them. :D

Not sure where that Armstrong patch ended up, and yes, there's a Jordan Patch out there somewhere. Do you have it?

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Awsome Wheeler, How do you find most of these before they even hit ebay? The only ones I have seen are the Carter and Aaron and I pushed both of those on the price. The Carter not so much, lol. Love the collection!

So you're the one that keeps bumping my prices. LOL!

Most come to me off-ebay as sellers know I pay top dollar. I've been fortunate they keep calling.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Here's something else that's pretty cool:

The complete "half-set" of Sportkings Jared Kelley, hand-painted, gold-leafed 1/1s.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Holy crap man, that's REALLY impressive. I can't believe you haven't LOST any auctions to player collectors. Really good work and amazing just isn't the right word to describe your collection.

Are all those paintings 1/1's as well?

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Yes, the paintings are all 1/1s. And believe me, I've lost more auctions than I care to remember to player collectors.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I wish more than a few of those were in my collection, but after seeing the picture of all of them together I don't feel so bad about it. I'm sure there are a couple that I could have bid on on Ebay, but I probably would have lost and it's neat to see them all together like that. With all the stars from so many sports I don't mind saying it's the best patch set that's ever been put together.

Based on how much you paid vs. how much you thought you were going to have to pay, which card did you get the best deal on and which one did you pay way more than what you thought it would sell for?

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
I wish more than a few of those were in my collection, but after seeing the picture of all of them together I don't feel so bad about it. I'm sure there are a couple that I could have bid on on Ebay, but I probably would have lost and it's neat to see them all together like that. With all the stars from so many sports I don't mind saying it's the best patch set that's ever been put together.

Based on how much you paid vs. how much you thought you were going to have to pay, which card did you get the best deal on and which one did you pay way more than what you thought it would sell for?

They do look nice together. Only Sportkings could pull this off, and they did a good job, in my opinion. Having so many all-time-great athletes represented in one game-used patch set like this is fun to collect.

To be honest, I haven't been shocked at any that I've purchased. I was shocked at one I didn't win though. The Scottie Pippen sold for $1300 at auction on ebay a few months ago. I knew it would sell well, but I didn't think it would sell that well.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
They do look nice together. Only Sportkings could pull this off, and they did a good job, in my opinion. Having so many all-time-great athletes represented in one game-used patch set like this is fun to collect.

To be honest, I haven't been shocked at any that I've purchased. I was shocked at one I didn't win though. The Scottie Pippen sold for $1300 at auction on ebay a few months ago. I knew it would sell well, but I didn't think it would sell that well.

Out of curiosity did a checklist for the National 1/1 cards ever surface?