Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1987 Fleer Project and Bowman/Chrome Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am going to use this thread as a progress thread for all of my TTM's/IPs that fit in the projects. I am also working on some USA stuff that won't be posted in this thread:

1987 Fleer:
I have basically fallen in love with the looks of these cards. The design for it was phenomenal and probably the best of the overproduction era. Today, I was working on building a commons lot for an FCB member when I came across a 1987 Fleer Don Mattingly. I had seen a video about a month ago of a signed one, and it looked awesome.

I am NOT trying for the set. That would drive me crazy, and would probably take away from more important things (school, job, etc). This will just be a general thing to work on in the offseason. Once the season starts up, I will be working on my Bowman/Bowman Chrome project, so I won't send a ton during the season (unless it's too managers, private signings, surprise TTMers...). I will only buy from my favorite players who are deceased or do not sign.

I will begin shortly... I would like to send 2-3 a week.

Bowman/Chrome:

Basically get as many prospect cards signed as I can from all years. Not really any boundaries here, they just have to be the base versions.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
'87 Fleer is my favorite set of all-time (followed closely by '87 Donruss). '87 was the year I started collecting and Fleer/Donruss was still pretty much only available at card shops. I grew up in the country so a trip to the card shop was a rare/special occasion. By '88, Fleer and Donruss were in every Walgreens in America but there's always something special about those '87 Fleers. The nicest shade of blue every slapped on cardboard. I've long been hunting for a signed Will Clark but never seem to be able to find one. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your pickups!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Brewer Andy said:
'87 Fleer is my favorite set of all-time (followed closely by '87 Donruss). '87 was the year I started collecting and Fleer/Donruss was still pretty much only available at card shops. I grew up in the country so a trip to the card shop was a rare/special occasion. By '88, Fleer and Donruss were in every Walgreens in America but there's always something special about those '87 Fleers. The nicest shade of blue every slapped on cardboard. I've long been hunting for a signed Will Clark but never seem to be able to find one. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your pickups!

Thanks! There is a signed Mike Kingery on eBay I have my eyes set on. I found a few more un-signed, I just need the stamps.

They are indeed beautiful cards.

Members online