Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold? Where are they?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Pretty simple... I have nearly every card of Albert Belle from 1985-1995 BUT once I get to 1996, I need weird things like these:

1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG11 (June 25)
1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG11B (August 2)

Any idea how rare these are? Do they exist? What's the deal with them eluding me for this long :(

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
The golds were hard to pull if I remember right. I opened tons of those packs and got a couple silvers. If someone pulled a gold for a date he went yard, it was probably redeemed for the set. Some people also thought the cards were useless if it was a "loser".

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The golds were hard to pull if I remember right. I opened tons of those packs and got a couple silvers. If someone pulled a gold for a date he went yard, it was probably redeemed for the set. Some people also thought the cards were useless if it was a "loser".

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Well this made me go back and look... not sure which year he would of had to hit a HR but never hit on on June 25 but he hit two HRs on 8/2/95 and hit one HR on 8/2/96

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
The golds were indeed inserted into packs. The last 2 boxes I've opened each had a gold in them, so either 1 per box or I was lucky. I think it's also the fact that they're cheap cards, no real value even if you pull a gold. Many aren't listed for sale because they're not $$ cards and sometimes people don't know there are silver and gold versions. They're out there somewhere, I think I still need 2 of the Buhners and all 3 Griffey golds.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
You Crash the Game Gold (Series 2)-1:50 three players (Tim Salmon, Larry Walker, and Joe Carter) did not have any winning YCtG cards. Therefore, this set is complete without cards #CG8, CG16 and CG30.
I Need 1 More Griffey Gold STILL

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Pretty simple... I have nearly every card of Albert Belle from 1985-1995 BUT once I get to 1996, I need weird things like these:

1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG11 (June 25)
1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG11B (August 2)

Any idea how rare these are? Do they exist? What's the deal with them eluding me for this long :(
Hate to be the Bearer of Bad News...........Belle has 3 you left out Sept

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] - That's a really cool pic! I have the September one, so I just need the other two ;)

So can anyone confirm they at least exist? Looks like he hit a HR on one of the dates, so that one might be even tougher to find because people could of sent it in?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I keep seeing Bagwell CTG's in Lots, but half the time the pics or scans arent good enough to determine if they are silver or gold.
Ditto. I think I'm missing some other years' worth of you crash the game cards too. I just never see the dates I need or can't tell what's what in lots. Sometimes I'll message a seller but a lot of times they never respond back.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I have the complete run as well.. but they can be tough especially the wooden looking gold exchange which I actually owned before I obtained all 3 of the redeemable regular versions.

Members online

Latest posts