Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Fleer Autographics question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Jonny Gomes is listed in this set, and I have a printing plate of his card. I have never seen the actual card, however, and am not even positive that it exists. Upper Deck's checklist still includes him, but, interestingly, five of the 26 pictured cards also have the autograph stickers on them; the three autographs from the set that I found in a search of eBay are all from those five. That said, were there particular groups of cards with different odds, or were only the odds of pulling any of the 26 listed? Also, has anyone seen a card of one of the 21 players who are on the list but are pictured without an autograph?

Upper Deck's Checklist (link has pictures of each card):
If in bold, the card is pictured with an autograph. If also in italics, I found it on eBay.
Bill Hall
Bobby Keppel
Chris Burke
Dustin Pedroia
Booker
Cesar Izturis
Conor Jackson
Casey Kotchman
Dan Johnson
Edwin Jackson
Franklyn German
Felipe Lopez
Gustavo Chacin
Jonny Gomes
Hanley Ramirez
Joe Crede
Joey Devine
Jeff Francis
Jon Garland
Jorge Julio
Joel Peralta
Ken Griffey Jr.
Koyie Hill
Jason Lane
Nick Swisher
Scott Feldman

07-11.jpg

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I'm in the same boat. I have the Hanley plate, but haven't seen the real card. I don't think beckett lists him on their checklist either, so I'm thinking he got pulled from the set but the plates were already made and used anyway.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Tomlinson21RB said:
I'm in the same boat. I have the Hanley plate, but haven't seen the real card. I don't think beckett lists him on their checklist either, so I'm thinking he got pulled from the set but the plates were already made and used anyway.

It looks like he is listed by Beckett, and as an SP (along with Griffey Jr., Peralta, Garland, Crede and Lopez). Nonetheless, I'm thinking the same thing as you.

Beckett's list

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I guess I got that confused with another plate I have scanned and couldn't find listed on Beckett. I'm still in the same situation where I haven't seen the auto version. It must be really sp'ed because I haven't seen a single one.

2007-0138.jpg

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Tomlinson21RB said:
I guess I got that confused with another plate I have scanned and couldn't find listed on Beckett. I'm still in the same situation where I haven't seen the auto version. It must be really sp'ed because I haven't seen a single one.

2007-0138.jpg

That's actually a Flair Showcase plate, from, I think, 2006. Extremely similar to the 2006 Fleer Autographics cards, though, which took me forever to find a copy of. The 2007 cards are horizontal (there's a picture of the Ramirez card on Upper Deck's checklist, linked in my first post).

2006 Flair, 2006 Fleer:

!BVuqlK!CGk~$(KGrHgoOKicEjlLmZB)tBKUB,jKV0!~~_1.jpg06-68.jpg

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
haha, now I'm getting confused about being confused.

I think I knew that was the 2006 version because that's what it said, but then couldn't find the 2006 autographics on beckett's checklists. So same idea as my first post, but different year.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
13 years later, I still haven't seen the Gomes. I just did a search through COMC, eBay, Beckett, and TCDB, to see which of these cards I could find. Found 11 of the 26 autographs, plus printing plates of three cards which aren't on the checklist. And then there's Gomes, for which I have two printing plates, but have never seen the actual card.

On checklist:
  • Bill Hall
  • Bobby Keppel (auto & printing plate)
  • Chris Burke
  • Dustin Pedroia
  • Chris Booker (auto & printing plate)
  • Cesar Izturis
  • Conor Jackson
  • Casey Kotchman
  • Dan Johnson
  • Edwin Jackson
  • Franklyn German
  • Felipe Lopez SP
  • Gustavo Chacin
  • Jonny Gomes (printing plate seen)
  • Hanley Ramirez SP
  • Joe Crede SP
  • Joey Devine
  • Jeff Francis
  • Jon Garland SP
  • Jorge Julio
  • Joel Peralta SP
  • Ken Griffey, Jr. SP
  • Koyie Hill
  • Jason Lane (printing plate seen)
  • Nick Swisher
  • Scott Feldman
Not on checklist:
  • Reed Johnson (printing plate seen)
  • Reggie Abercrombie (printing plate seen)
  • Steve Stemle (printing plate seen)

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
That entire era was a bit of a checklist dumpster fire. I remember a lot of oddities with Will Clark and a few other guys I collect.

Members online

Latest posts