Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 RAZOR SIGNATURE SERIES BASEBALL CHECKLISTAND INFO!.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
SINFULONE said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
SINFULONE said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="SINFULONE":1ettn95d][quote="thenumberonemetfan":1ettn95d][quote="SINFULONE":1ettn95d][quote="butterjc81":1ettn95d]As someone who lurks around here alot and used to be a regular poster on Beckett, I find this thread interesting. I plan on busting a case of Razor and I always do Bowman products because they are awesome. I just don't understand all the hatred towards Razor, they have rep here who stands up to the music and have gone above and beyond the task for signing great players.

Both products are good, I respect all opinions but it seems some are completely close-minded to new things.

There is no "hatred", just a lot of skepticism, and with good reason.I also find it odd they chose the name "Razor" to designate their product.It's almost hard to take it seriously with some random name like that.Coming up with something like "On Deck" or something pertaining to baseball would have been much more creative and appealing in my opinion.

Surely, some of those 2nd tier prospects within Bowman Draft will have productive careers.For all we know Bowman Draft has some surprise we don't even know about yet.

thats just stupid :roll:

Don't you mean "hatred"?

no i mean stupid

LOL, I'm "stupid", yet you can't even use correct punctuation or capitalize words in your sentences.That's funny.

"u Shhood Rillie leRn How 2 Youse pRawPir pUnCtaTiohn niXt timE!!!*!*?*?!!''......,,,,,,,,,%#$%@$@#$@#%%^"[/quote:1ettn95d]

i never called you stupid i called your point stupid but whatever. and i could care less about punctuation in my MESSAGE BOARD posts so thats a very weak comeback.[/quote:1ettn95d]

Fair enough, it wasn't really necessary to attack your lack of writing ability.However, you did essentially post the exact same reply twice in a row.At least what I wrote had actual content, which was criticizing Razor's lack of creativity.

Coming up with some name like "Stadium View" or something else like that would have been cool.[/quote:1ettn95d]

The name Topps has no direct correlation to sports.
The name Bowman has no direct correlation to sports.
The name Donruss has no direct correlation to sports.
The name Fleer has no direct correlation to sports.
The name Upper Deck has a direct correlation to sports.

So why should Razor have to change their name and branding to have a stupid name like Stadium View?[/quote:1ettn95d]

Because they have no reputation, and I doubt very many knew who they were before the ads in Beckett and viewing boards like these.I certainly didn't.

Actually, many stadiums if not all of today have an "upper deck".I read an article a long time ago about how the founders of UD formed their company and it was pretty interesting.When Topps got in the game a half century or so ago they were "topps" or the number one manufacturer around.There was very limited competition then.

My friends and I never took cards that seriously in the '80s when Donruss and Fleer debuted.The hobby has certainly changed over the years.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
SINFULONE said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
SINFULONE said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
SINFULONE said:
[quote="thenumberonemetfan":1rjhl1aw][quote="SINFULONE":1rjhl1aw][quote="thenumberonemetfan":1rjhl1aw][quote="SINFULONE":1rjhl1aw][quote="butterjc81":1rjhl1aw]As someone who lurks around here alot and used to be a regular poster on Beckett, I find this thread interesting. I plan on busting a case of Razor and I always do Bowman products because they are awesome. I just don't understand all the hatred towards Razor, they have rep here who stands up to the music and have gone above and beyond the task for signing great players.

Both products are good, I respect all opinions but it seems some are completely close-minded to new things.

There is no "hatred", just a lot of skepticism, and with good reason.I also find it odd they chose the name "Razor" to designate their product.It's almost hard to take it seriously with some random name like that.Coming up with something like "On Deck" or something pertaining to baseball would have been much more creative and appealing in my opinion.

Surely, some of those 2nd tier prospects within Bowman Draft will have productive careers.For all we know Bowman Draft has some surprise we don't even know about yet.

Don't you mean "hatred"?

no i mean stupid

LOL, I'm "stupid", yet you can't even use correct punctuation or capitalize words in your sentences.That's funny.

"u Shhood Rillie leRn How 2 Youse pRawPir pUnCtaTiohn niXt timE!!!*!*?*?!!''......,,,,,,,,,%#$%@$@#$@#%%^"[/quote:1rjhl1aw]

i never called you stupid i called your point stupid but whatever. and i could care less about punctuation in my MESSAGE BOARD posts so thats a very weak comeback.[/quote:1rjhl1aw]

Fair enough, it wasn't really necessary to attack your lack of writing ability.However, you did essentially post the exact same reply twice in a row.At least what I wrote had actual content, which was criticizing Razor's lack of creativity.

Coming up with some name like "Stadium View" or something else like that would have been cool.[/quote:1rjhl1aw]

So why should Razor have to change their name and branding to have a stupid name like Stadium View?[/quote:1rjhl1aw]

Because they have no reputation, and I doubt very many knew who they were before the ads in Beckett and viewing boards like these.I certainly didn't.

Actually, many stadiums if not all of today have an "upper deck".I read an article a long time ago about how the founders of UD formed their company and it was pretty interesting.When Topps got in the game a half century or so ago they were "topps" or the number one manufacturer around.There was very limited competition then.

My friends and I never took cards that seriously in the '80s when Donruss and Fleer debuted.The hobby has certainly changed over the years.[/quote:1rjhl1aw]

he said upperdeck has a correlation with sports

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
thenumberonemetfan said:
SINFULONE said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
SINFULONE said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="SINFULONE":npow51x9][quote="thenumberonemetfan":npow51x9][quote="SINFULONE":npow51x9][quote="thenumberonemetfan":npow51x9][quote="SINFULONE":npow51x9][quote="butterjc81":npow51x9]As someone who lurks around here alot and used to be a regular poster on Beckett, I find this thread interesting. I plan on busting a case of Razor and I always do Bowman products because they are awesome. I just don't understand all the hatred towards Razor, they have rep here who stands up to the music and have gone above and beyond the task for signing great players.

Don't you mean "hatred"?

no i mean stupid

"u Shhood Rillie leRn How 2 Youse pRawPir pUnCtaTiohn niXt timE!!!*!*?*?!!''......,,,,,,,,,%#$%@$@#$@#%%^"[/quote:npow51x9]

i never called you stupid i called your point stupid but whatever. and i could care less about punctuation in my MESSAGE BOARD posts so thats a very weak comeback.[/quote:npow51x9]

Coming up with some name like "Stadium View" or something else like that would have been cool.[/quote:npow51x9]

So why should Razor have to change their name and branding to have a stupid name like Stadium View?[/quote:npow51x9]

My friends and I never took cards that seriously in the '80s when Donruss and Fleer debuted.The hobby has certainly changed over the years.[/quote:npow51x9]

he said upperdeck has a correlation with sports[/quote:npow51x9]

Yeah, he clearly doesn't read anything anyone actually says. He has his mind made up, and nobody is going to change his thoughts. If you don't like the idea, don't buy it, simple as that.

When you're down to picking at the name of a company, you've definitely run out of valid downsides to the product...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
cgilmo said:
SINFULONE said:
cgilmo said:
SINFULONE said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="SINFULONE":2x3pomny] Oh yay, more sticker autographs!I'm going to go out and buy some Just and Classic right now!

I know it's just a sell sheet, but seriously...you like the design of these cards?And yes, I know it's only a photo of a few cards.

1. They're not stickers. Never have been, never will be.

2. Brian hinted that this design would be subject to change.

From the sell sheet the cards appeared to have stickers.Unless they change the design, which is kind of late by now, you still have to turn the card sideways to look at the card/autograph.

I had the misfortune of buying one of those mixed pack boxes before and pulling some ugly Just sticker autograph.It had some weird looking silver/white sticker on it.

Razor and just are two very different companies. Howbout you go learn more before you spread stuff that isn't true.

I really don't see how you know unless you have cards already in hand.Yeah, I should probably go out and invest in some of their poker cards.

Ok guy with a **** star's screen name. There is just so much you do not know. Stuff that has been discussed to death on this board and the former boards that this user base has been on. Honestly, I get to thinking you just don't want to know. You want to keep your own boxed in theories about what you think the product will be like, and you won't listen to people who have actually talked to people at razor to help develop the product. You really need to pay more attention and read where razor has actually listened to collectors and taken their advice on what this product should look like and pack out like. This razor signature series is the first to be made by modern prospect collectors and prospectors instead of out of touch employees of the big card companies.[/quote:2x3pomny]

LOL, you mention my name, yet I'm the one who is "childish" this whole time.Nice touch.What are you going to do next?Accuse me of working for Topps?Why not just bring up my age or some other irrelevant topic like someone else did earlier?

I said earlier I had read Razor's article in Beckett, (I believe it was in the August issue) and have read every post in this thread.That's fine if you are head over heels about this Razor, but I still don't see what's so unreasonable about being very skeptical of it.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
We encourage everyone to have their own opinion. Many of us from what we have seen so far and have heard from brian, expect this product to exceed jaypers expectations (that aint easy). That said many of you are sceptics. Thats fine and is something that razor will have to deal with since they are new in the market. They will prove themselves in 1 way or another when their product releases. I expect it to be better than any of the others out there, since they are willing to go out of their way to pick up the big names and listen to the collectors. But this is only my opinion and we will all find out soon enough.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
It's not the skepticism that is odd. Its the things you are skeptical of. You assumed they had sticker autographs because the just product had stickers among other assumptions. All of this information is publicly available, use the search tool to find posts by razorent. Also you should really give razor a phone call Monday. They pick up the phone and listen.

Sorry about the crack against your screen name, that was a bit out of line.

Latest posts