Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Bowman Chrome Sell Sheet w/ Checklist!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totran

Mar 25, 2009
Re: Info about 2009 Bowman Chrome is live

cgilmo said:
I was part of a small focus group that gave suggestions for razor signature. One of my first suggestions was thick card stock.

As a collector the gradeability of these cards really shouldn't be much of a concern for you.

And on the metal. Razor did not offer them only to a select few. They tossed em on ebay for better or for worse. Anyway, this is a bowman chrome thread. Let's keep it on topic.

my mistake i thought this was a discussion board. feel free to delete my posts. but since this is a discussion board i would like to continue our civil conversation...
grading cards is not a top priority on my list.as a modern collector when i open a pack of cards i want sharp well cut cards. noone is opening prospect cards to keep forever. im sure the cards in your sig are are not chipped up with with corner issues.
you had input on razer product development so you may know the future of razer metal if you do i am interested in hearing it

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

totran said:
cgilmo said:
I was part of a small focus group that gave suggestions for razor signature. One of my first suggestions was thick card stock.

As a collector the gradeability of these cards really shouldn't be much of a concern for you.

And on the metal. Razor did not offer them only to a select few. They tossed em on ebay for better or for worse. Anyway, this is a bowman chrome thread. Let's keep it on topic.

my mistake i thought this was a discussion board. feel free to delete my posts. but since this is a discussion board i would like to continue our civil conversation...
grading cards is not a top priority on my list.as a modern collector when i open a pack of cards i want sharp well cut cards. noone is opening prospect cards to keep forever. im sure the cards in your sig are are not chipped up with with corner issues.
you had input on razer product development so you may know the future of razer metal if you do i am interested in hearing it

I am not talking to you as long as you take that particular angle. It is annoying as hell to have someone act like you just beat them with a bar of soap in a sock when you have in fact not done so.

totran

Mar 25, 2009

cgilmo said:
totran said:
cgilmo said:

I am not talking to you as long as you take that particular angle. It is annoying as hell to have someone act like you just beat them with a bar of soap in a sock when you have in fact not done so.

"you stated lets keep on topic" since you felt i was off topic i made the statement...no big deal
i wanted to have a discussion.thats why i logged on

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Getting back to the Chrome....

Any Chrome collectors around here?

For the first time, I am faced with the decision of whether I should have FY non-auto chromes or 2nd Year chrome autos for a collection (will not be flipped). What do you all choose to do in this situation? I think I know what I will do, but I'm interested to hear how others feel.

totran

Mar 25, 2009

ALL_THE_HYPE said:

For the first time, I am faced with the decision of whether I should have FY non-auto chromes or 2nd Year chrome autos for a collection (will not be flipped). What do you all choose to do in this situation? I think I know what I will do, but I'm interested to hear how others feel.
both are collectible with the auto of course being the more valuable i would do the autos as they would be first auto of said plAYER AND THEN I would keep a few non auto firsts of my favorite guys

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

totran said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

both are collectible with the auto of course being the more valuable i would do the autos as they would be first auto of said plAYER AND THEN I would keep a few non auto firsts of my favorite guys

Yeah that's basically what I'm planning on. I have some nice parallels of the non-auto version, and I might sell a few off to generate some extra cash to spend on the autos when they come out, but it'll be hard to see them go :cry:

totran

Mar 25, 2009

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
totran said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":fwcbg34c]Getting back to the Chrome....

Yeah that's basically what I'm planning on. I have some nice parallels of the non-auto version, and I might sell a few off to generate some extra cash to spend on the autos when they come out, but it'll be hard to see them go :cry:[/quote:fwcbg34c]

always hard to see the cards you love go im in the middle of a trade for this card. i actually had an auction style war to get it and the guy is still thinking it over here is the trade.
his
DSCF9595.jpg

mine and he still may go with the other guys cards
Picture112.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture115.jpg

87cb_1-1.jpg

endthecurse

Apr 23, 2009

ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I prefer parallels of FY non-AU chromes (i.e. 2007 BCDP David Price) to 2nd year prospect chrome AUs (i.e. 2008 BC David Price AU)... just a preference, though, and there's clearly a lot of value in the latter.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

totran said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
totran said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":p7w3hqxg]Getting back to the Chrome....

Yeah that's basically what I'm planning on. I have some nice parallels of the non-auto version, and I might sell a few off to generate some extra cash to spend on the autos when they come out, but it'll be hard to see them go :cry:

always hard to see the cards you love go im in the middle of a trade for this card. i actually had an auction style war to get it and the guy is still thinking it over here is the trade.
his[/quote:p7w3hqxg]

Yeah, makes it tough sometimes, but the good news is that it's for another card that you'll love having.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

soccerman034 said:
Pretty bad checklist on the surface, especially since most, if not all, of these guys have autographs in 2008....regardless of licensing,

I disagree. I think a licensed 09 card would take precedence over n unlicensed 08 card in the long run.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Since 2006 Bowman Draft came out I was picking up Matt McBride singles and parallels, then in 2007 Bowman Sterling he had an autograph. Considering his lack of success in AA in his first 10 games there I may not have to worry, but it's still a similar question...first year chrome or second year autograph.

Personally, I think the second year chrome autograph would be the clear leader, but Sterling adds a bit of a curveball.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

200lbhockeyplayer said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Since 2006 Bowman Draft came out I was picking up Matt McBride singles and parallels, then in 2007 Bowman Sterling he had an autograph. Considering his lack of success in AA in his first 10 games there I may not have to worry, but it's still a similar question...first year chrome or second year autograph.

Personally, I think the second year chrome autograph would be the clear leader, but Sterling adds a bit of a curveball.

Yeah definitely. I'm sure I'll end up doing a little bit of each, but I'll lean toward the 2nd year chrome autos for my guy.

I think in your situation, I would still take the 2nd year auto with the chrome autos simply because they are better looking cards to me than Sterling.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":3id07jam]Getting back to the Chrome....

Yeah definitely. I'm sure I'll end up doing a little bit of each, but I'll lean toward the 2nd year chrome autos for my guy.

I think in your situation, I would still take the 2nd year auto with the chrome autos simply because they are better looking cards to me than Sterling.[/quote:3id07jam]

Agreed, on-card trumps sticker

totran

Mar 25, 2009

200lbhockeyplayer said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

i would not even put sterling in the debate unless we are talking the /50 autos
personally i think sterling is a second rate, sticker auto, overpriced overproduced product and sales on the secondary market agree.if the choice is first year non auto or second year sterling auto make mine first year non sterling non auto everytime

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

totran said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

personally i think sterling is a second rate, sticker auto, overpriced overproduced product and sales on the secondary market agree.if the choice is first year non auto or second year sterling auto make mine first year non sterling non auto everytime
Agreed. Regardless, if there is growth potential in one, there is growth potential in both...it's just the percentage of growth that is the discussion. And, I have been a firm believer that the lower the entry price point, the higher the growth percentage potential.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

200lbhockeyplayer said:
totran said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Agreed. Regardless, if there is growth potential in one, there is growth potential in both...it's just the percentage of growth that is the discussion. And, I have been a firm believer that the lower the entry price point, the higher the growth percentage potential.

Agreed.

I'll throw out one particular example, Jason Heyward. His sterlings have held their own against his second year chrome auto and will see a bounce, just like 08, as the hype builds. Lower entry point and will probably sell for about the same, if you put base vs. base.

07 vs. 08 makes a difference and to dismiss sterling due to the 20% of the hobby that gives a rats behind about stickers doesnt hold water.

totran

Mar 25, 2009

200lbhockeyplayer said:
totran said:

yes the lower price point adds to the scarcity of the good cards every other sterling break i saw had a longo auto in it the price on the box had to be justified some how. i wasnt around for 06 draft but if i can comepare a 45-65 dollar box of chrome to sterling. the hits are harder to come by and thus there is more want for them

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

totran said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
totran said:

yes the lower price point adds to the scarcity of the good cards every other sterling break i saw had a longo auto in it the price on the box had to be justified some how. i wasnt around for 06 draft but if i can comepare a 45-65 dollar box of chrome to sterling. the hits are harder to come by and thus there is more want for them
By "lower the entry price point" I was actually speaking of singles, not wax.

For example, your growth potential in 50 base Bowman Chromes is typically greater than the growth potential in a Gold Refractor.

totran

Mar 25, 2009

200lbhockeyplayer said:
totran said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
totran said:
For example, your growth potential in 50 base Bowman Chromes is typically greater than the growth potential in a Gold Refractor.

point taken as i have noticed a beckett price spike in my low end longoria and the pricier stuff stays consistent
i know beckett is not true pricing but it does provide a market trend even though it is behind
that said are you saying a better investment would be 50 longo 08 chrome
rc's verses his gold auto refracter from draft?

Members online

Latest posts