Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
It's too bad the Million Card cards are now worthless (Topps didn't extend the deadline, did they?). Immediately, there's $250ish of value hacked off the $370-400 case price. It was a nice, fun and inexpensive case rip, but shouldn't the prices drop like a rock now?

TwinsRube

Jan 29, 2011
Zithy said:
It's too bad the Million Card cards are now worthless (Topps didn't extend the deadline, did they?). Immediately, there's $250ish of value hacked off the $370-400 case price. It was a nice, fun and inexpensive case rip, but shouldn't the prices drop like a rock now?

I haven't paid that much attention to cases, but is it really that much hacked off? You could be completely right, that number just surprised me.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
The MCG cards were selling around $2 a pop prior to expiration (some lots peaked at $3/per right before 2/1 for a last second rush). Assuming there's 9 in every hobby box and 10 per jumbo, that gives an average loss of $216 per hobby case and $240 per jumbo case.

TwinsRube

Jan 29, 2011
cmnkb8 said:
The MCG cards were selling around $2 a pop prior to expiration (some lots peaked at $3/per right before 2/1 for a last second rush). Assuming there's 9 in every hobby box and 10 per jumbo, that gives an average loss of $216 per hobby case and $240 per jumbo case.

Good to know, thanks.

For a guy that works with numbers all day, ya'd think I could figure this stuff out on my own haha

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
autorook said:
I hope it drops below $300 per case after MCG expires or is that wishful thinking?

There's a very good chance. Maybe not right away, but in a week or so when 2011 Topps is all the buzz and the tons of 2010 Update still sitting on distributors' shelves gathers more dust, you're going to start seeing big discounts.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Way Way overproduced

product was produced during Strasmania

I promise there are more cases of this out there the TC or BC (perhaps combined)

look at the checklist EVERY CARD IS A STRASBURG!

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
js0000001 said:
I would guess close to $200 within a year

That's what I'm thinking. There's gotta be thousands of them out there that are now gathering dust. Without the MC cards, there's just not a lot of value there.

TwinsRube

Jan 29, 2011
Zithy said:
js0000001 said:
I would guess close to $200 within a year

That's what I'm thinking. There's gotta be thousands of them out there that are now gathering dust. Without the MC cards, there's just not a lot of value there.

I've only opened a few blasters of it as funding is kinda tight so I'm not an expert - but while the value may not be there with MG, it was kind of a fun break what I did open. Not sure if I'll feel that way in a year - but if prices drop thru the floor - might be a good time at least to open it up.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
I need 2010 Series 1 to drop so I can finally complete a freakin set. I have tons of Series 2 and Update...but not one complete set of Series 1 (I started the hobby mid 2010 and prices were too high).

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I realize the quest to make a HC set, but complete factory sets are only $30 - I would bust a complete set for the cards [assuming they are base] I need.

sportscardfanatic said:
I need 2010 Series 1 to drop so I can finally complete a freakin set. I have tons of Series 2 and Update...but not one complete set of Series 1 (I started the hobby mid 2010 and prices were too high).

Members online

Latest posts