Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Leaf Draft Short Print Auto's in the long run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Hey guys, I didn't realize until just now that the Josh Bell base auto I pulled was a mega short print :D

The last one sold for $75, they are redemptions btw.

Do you think these cards can become really big and THE card to have of the players with short prints or do you think no one will care about them and they will settle down and be undervalued.

Just curious as I would love to take the $75 or whatever I can get now if most people feel these cards wont last in the long run.

Thanks in advance! Opened one box and also pulled a gerrit cole auto /99. Great looking stuff!

jofinn36

Feb 27, 2011
I would say sell. Not only are you banking on Bell getting better prices but Leaf holding value. Just my opinion though.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Sell in a heartbeat.

If its the Josh Bell I found... he hit .253 with 19 HR and 57 RBI.... not exactly earth shattering. And Mega SPs work in Contenders because of set builders.... Leaf Metal doesnt have that... and will likely take a few years for them to get such a following. Razor baseball was a 1 and done thing. People need to see Leaf baseball next year to know its legit. If this is 1 and done the Mega SPs wont hold any long term value.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Sell in a heartbeat.

If its the Josh Bell I found... he hit .253 with 19 HR and 57 RBI.... not exactly earth shattering. And Mega SPs work in Contenders because of set builders.... Leaf Metal doesnt have that... and will likely take a few years for them to get such a following. Razor baseball was a 1 and done thing. People need to see Leaf baseball next year to know its legit. If this is 1 and done the Mega SPs wont hold any long term value.

It isn't that one. This kid was drafted by the Pirates this year and they paid him enough to not go to Texas.

Here's an article.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110816&content_id=23270806&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
manningmurphyfan said:
P_Manning 18 said:
Sell in a heartbeat.

It isn't that one. This kid was drafted by the Pirates this year and they paid him enough to not go to Texas.

Here's an article.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110816&content_id=23270806&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Ok... it is a different guy. So it could be a good card down the line if Leaf establishes itself in the baseball world.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bell was one of the biggest HS Prospects in the draft. He's a strong hit regardless of SSP or anything.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
He got top 5 pick money in the 2nd round...
Plus, I am not sure any other company will sign him (as he is #1-2 pick money)... BG

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
Plus, I am not sure any other company will sign him (as he is #1-2 pick money)... BG

I busted a box yesterday and pulled a Bell/99 redemption. I thought it was Ichiro at first and nearly passed out. The cards look beautiful in hand. I'm looking forward to future releases.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
seitas said:
Leaf said:

I busted a box yesterday and pulled a Bell/99 redemption. I thought it was Ichiro at first and nearly passed out. The cards look beautiful in hand. I'm looking forward to future releases.

Trust me.... We are already working on products for early-mid 2012.... BG

Members online

Latest posts