Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 playoff contenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
alabamalongsnake said:
gt2590 said:
Yeah, like Tim said.

It's usually 2-3 weeks before they release the SP list. DO NOT sell any singles for a while, at least until people start listing possible SPs.

For the new PC rippers, you would NOT believe what the SPs go for shortly after the List goes Live. :eek:

i wouldn't necessarily agree with that. i think you can get an idea what's not a short print even now. Might sell some now and buy back next couple of weeks when it drops before SP list released.

you can tell if theres a lot of card already on the Bay that it's prob not short printed

Yep. You can do real well selling before the lists come out because people are speculating SPs. I can't think the card from last year everyone was paying huge amounts for thinking it was an SP and then all his autos appeared in retail.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
deceptikon1978 said:
alabamalongsnake said:
gt2590 said:
Yeah, like Tim said.

It's usually 2-3 weeks before they release the SP list. DO NOT sell any singles for a while, at least until people start listing possible SPs.

For the new PC rippers, you would NOT believe what the SPs go for shortly after the List goes Live. :eek:

i wouldn't necessarily agree with that. i think you can get an idea what's not a short print even now. Might sell some now and buy back next couple of weeks when it drops before SP list released.

you can tell if theres a lot of card already on the Bay that it's prob not short printed

Yep. You can do real well selling before the lists come out because people are speculating SPs. I can't think the card from last year everyone was paying huge amounts for thinking it was an SP and then all his autos appeared in retail.

Carlos Dunlap

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
True enough, but sometimes you can really miss out on some HUGE $$$ by selling too early.

I remember Fitz's year, his RC was going for $60 before the List came out. :eek:

And last year (I think, maybe '09) some No Name Falcon went for over $300 when his print run came out.

I just think you're upside of waiting is greater than the downside of selling earlier...

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Gellman said:
Viking4Alpha said:
Yeah, I'd like to see the SP list myself.

I've never been more in love with a rookie ticket set than this one and am looking to hoard a certain card.

You actually like the Ticket design this year? I think its worse than 2009, which is saying a lot.

2010 was probably one of the best in recent memory, and 2011 is probably one of the worse. I just hate the way everything is boxed in its own little area. I could have honestly done this design on MS Paint with no training. There is no advanced composition that shows any talent by the designer.

This one is probably the best of them all. Blue background + Blue Jersey = floating head.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-PANINI-CON ... 3f13e8ac5c

Something for everyone. I'm a huge fan of what Tracy Hackler and company have done at Panini this year. Great stuff. Gold Standard was awesome. Condtenders looks incredible, and I can't wait for NT. I don't miss Upper Deck anymore to be honest.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Viking4Alpha said:
Something for everyone. I'm a huge fan of what Tracy Hackler and company have done at Panini this year. Great stuff. Gold Standard was awesome. Condtenders looks incredible, and I can't wait for NT. I don't miss Upper Deck anymore to be honest.

You're weird. ;)

Hackler aside, Panini continually disappoints me in the design department. That said, it seems to me that Panini has a design philosophy that they want to stick to. Unfortunately, that design philosophy just isn't for me. That isn't to say that there aren't some cards in their products that I like, but more often than not, I find myself picking up just a single card here and there from a few of their products. On the other hand, UD has a design philosophy that is more in line with my personal preferences, and I find myself breaking more of their boxes, or at least buying multiple singles from each of their products. Yeah, each company has it's blatant design flaws from time to time, but more often than not it just comes down to personal preference.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I have a feeling the one guy I collect from this year is an SP. I am a season ticket holder at the University of Tulsa, and am a big fan of Charles Clay (Dolphins). Unfortunately, none of his cards have popped up yet from this set. Hopefully someone pulls one, and will give me a shot at it.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Saw all the design talk, so searched for a Dolphins player to take a look myself......All the Orange is pretty unattractive.

Plus every time I see the autograph window I think it's a "Hello My Name Is..." sticker.
Though maybe that is fitting since the name is there, I dunno. :lol:

Not the worst thing in the world, but def. not a design I love. I still am a fan of the set though, so hopefully I can pick up any Dolphins without them being SSP's.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
gonzagacubs said:
I have a feeling the one guy I collect from this year is an SP. I am a season ticket holder at the University of Tulsa, and am a big fan of Charles Clay (Dolphins). Unfortunately, none of his cards have popped up yet from this set. Hopefully someone pulls one, and will give me a shot at it.

I've been studying the checklist and I have somewhat of an idea, and I'm pretty sure you are correct.

wolfpackonly

Jan 6, 2012
West Coast
, I can see both sides of the arguement, with liking the design or not. Personally for me, I like it, I bought a ton of it, which I am debating whether to open, or sit on it. I am working on my online website, which I have some football product listed, still have tons upon tons to put in there, from all sports.

But anyway, I can see this, sp authentic going up just like chrome did. Back when it first came out I could have had chrome for $659 ::facepalm:: . But I think contenders is ok. Was at lcs yesterday, and saw 6 autos cime out, besr being vincent brown, and kapernick. If anyone wants to chk out site, its listed below. Its brand new, still have to add alot.

Contenders is to each their own, but I think its ok.

Members online

Latest posts