Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012-2013 NCAA Hockey Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
YALE!!! The Marching Band was going all over campus after the game.

Last edited:

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
That was nuts. Glad that Yale won, because frankly I really don't like UND.
I missed it. I was at work and I was checking on the score. The last time I looked it was 1-0 with like 18 minutes left. So I leave work, stop at a red light and all these people were walking around in the street celebrating. So some woman saw that I was wearing a Yale hat, knocks on my window I roll it down and she starts yelling that Yale won. Than I go down the street and the marching band was going through the street playing music. Pretty cool.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I missed it. I was at work and I was checking on the score. The last time I looked it was 1-0 with like 18 minutes left. So I leave work, stop at a red light and all these people were walking around in the street celebrating. So some woman saw that I was wearing a Yale hat, knocks on my window I roll it down and she starts yelling that Yale won. Than I go down the street and the marching band was going through the street playing music. Pretty cool.

Wow! That's crazy. I wish people here would be that enthusiastic about college hockey, but they aren't.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I re-did my bracket from the second round on, just for fun.

Now I have Mass-Lowell winning it all.

I picked Miami to beat SCSU but so far St. Cloud has been beating Miami.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
SCSU and Quinnipiac both advance.

Well, Quinnipiac is still in the 2nd period, but at 5-0 it's safe to say they move on.

Frozen Four now looks like this:

SCSU - Quinnipiac
Mass-Lowell - Yale

I still have Mass-Lowell winning it all.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Wow Denver fired their head coach... I thought this was an April Fools joke at first. Who goes and fires one of the best current coaches in college hockey?

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Yeah, 12 20+ wins in those 19 seasons, back to back national champs in 2004 and 2005, been in the NCAA tourney almost every year since those. I mean they are 1-6 for their tourney record since the championships, but I can't name many other programs that have that kind of success!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Going over the Bulldogs schedule for next year. Not all that exciting honestly... Notre Dame and UND are coming out. That's about it.

St. Cloud is now considered a "premium" team, as well as Wisconsin, who they aren't facing at all during the regular season.

I'm hoping things line up so I can get to a couple UW-Superior and St. Scholastica games too. I'm not to knowledgeable on DIII hockey though.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
It doesn't make any sense. That's for sure. Denver is going to have a tough hole to fill.

Will Gwozdecky try to find a new school to coach, or is he done?

I'm sure he'll have tons of offers... will just be a matter of where he ends up. Ohio State would be wise to find the funds and pony up for him. There's also a rumor Wisconsin could can Eaves and pick up Gwoz. Whoever gets him though, it will cost, and I think only the Big 10 schools have the cash for him.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I'm sure he'll have tons of offers... will just be a matter of where he ends up. Ohio State would be wise to find the funds and pony up for him. There's also a rumor Wisconsin could can Eaves and pick up Gwoz. Whoever gets him though, it will cost, and I think only the Big 10 schools have the cash for him.

I can't imagine Lucia will be around for more than a few years, possibility he could hang around for his job?