Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 MLB Playoff ALCS Yankees vs. Tigers Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jeter fractured ankle :(

3 month recovery

I thought he blew out his knee.

kt6XGj.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Post Arod's 2009 postseason stats. They mean just as much as the stats you posted.

Alex Rodriguez Post Season Stats Minus 2009:

216 At Bats

52 Hits

0.241 Batting Average

7 Home Runs

23 Runs Batted In

Nick Swisher Post Season Stats

147 At Bats

24 Hits

0.163 Batting Average

4 Home Runs

7 Runs Batted In

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
For all the XXXXXing Detroit fans do about Leyland, his team wins games when they need to. I saw a lot of XXXXXing about Bochey's management style a couple years ago too, and that was the year they won it all.

P.S. Do we really need low level curse words bleeped out. I would think that stuff that can be said on network television would be okay for the kiddies here.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Did you finally see why you would not be in the, uh, playoffs without him? You would've been sniffing Tampa Bay's jockstrap. You will never realize how good you have it and that is so sad....

He's 19 years old. I don't think he remembers anything pre-1996.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Derek Lowe.

He lead the majors in losses in 2011. I thought the Indians were fools for giving him $5mil to suck in 2012. He sucked so bad, he got cut by the Indians, even though he was really helping them in their quest for the worst record in the AL this year.

So here's a guy who isn't good enough to cut it on the worst team in the AL, and the Yankees think it'd be a good idea to sign him. That boggled my mind. I couldn't believe it last night when they brought him in against Cabrera. 3 pitch strike out, I was like "NO WAY!!!" I was really amazed when they brought him out for the next inning. Apparently I was the only one who saw him pitch a lot this season...

I know he didn't officially get the "L", but I have him down as the biggest loser of Game 1.

Also, Ichiro is awesome.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Yankee fans are the biggest self-entitled crybaby retards I've ever seen.

Waaaaaah. WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Yankee fans are the biggest self-entitled crybaby retards I've ever seen.

Waaaaaah. WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Who is that directed at? The group as a whole?

I should have clarified, I'm an Indians fan. I laughed my ass off when Derek Lowe imploded. It's just that I don't think I would be good at being a GM or a manager, but based on my small amount of research (watched Lowe suck for most of a season) I thought there were some bad decisions made on the Yankees part regarding the entire Lowe situation. When they signed him I scratched my head and thought "What do they want him for?" And then last night I found out what they wanted him for. Still laughing...

I do feel bad for my favorite active player, Sabathia. It's starting to be like the Indians all over again, the days when he could throw a 9 inning 2 hit shutout only to have the score 0-0 after 9 innings. That part is not very funny to me.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
For all the XXXXXing Detroit fans do about Leyland, his team wins games when they need to. I saw a lot of XXXXXing about Bochey's management style a couple years ago too, and that was the year they won it all.

P.S. Do we really need low level curse words bleeped out. I would think that stuff that can be said on network television would be okay for the kiddies here.

Have you taken a look at Detroit's roster? That team should have won 100 games playing in the AL Central and instead, they barely win the division and they have the worst record of any team in the playoffs this year.

Leyland is an idiot. He has a good team, but he's an idiot. His team wins because they're a talented group of ballplayers. Valverde helped us get where we are this year so it's hard to come down on him for blowing it, although he has sucked lately...but Leyland has been doing idiotic things all year (and in years prior). He made sure Ryan Raburn got 200 ABs this season despite hitting .171 for the year--as far as I'm concerned, any Tigers fans who put up with that have the right to XXXXX all they want about Leyland.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Have you taken a look at Detroit's roster? That team should have won 100 games playing in the AL Central and instead, they barely win the division and they have the worst record of any team in the playoffs this year.

Leyland is an idiot. He has a good team, but he's an idiot. His team wins because they're a talented group of ballplayers. Valverde helped us get where we are this year so it's hard to come down on him for blowing it, although he has sucked lately...but Leyland has been doing idiotic things all year (and in years prior). He made sure Ryan Raburn got 200 ABs this season despite hitting .171 for the year--as far as I'm concerned, any Tigers fans who put up with that have the right to XXXXX all they want about Leyland.

To me the worst part of his managing is the bullpen. Especially in dealing with Valverde. You can literally know from the first pitch he throws if he has it. If not, then he's guaranteed to allow at least 2 runs.

If the first pitch sails up and away from the hitter he has nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts