Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 MLB Playoff ALCS Yankees vs. Tigers Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Actually hoping they're sucking more like 1996 when they lost the first two games to the Braves. I really think that if they can somehow beat Verlander next game they can still win the series. Hopefully getting away from the pressure of playing in front of the hometown fans will allow their hitters to relax a little and start hitting again. I mean their pitching has been phenomenal and they could have easily won both game if not for some bad calls and bad fielding plays by Swisher. I mean it's amazing that as awful as they were hitting they still were in both games. It's not like the Tigers were dominating. I mean this team is much better than the 96' team and the 96' Braves team was probably a better overall team than this years Tigers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Actually hoping they're sucking more like 1996 when they lost the first two games to the Braves. I really think that if they can somehow beat Verlander next game they can still win the series. Hopefully getting away from the pressure of playing in front of the hometown fans will allow their hitters to relax a little and start hitting again. I mean their pitching has been phenomenal and they could have easily won both game if not for some bad calls and bad fielding plays by Swisher. I mean it's amazing that as awful as they were hitting they still were in both games. It's not like the Tigers were dominating. I mean this team is much better than the 96' team and the 96' Braves team was probably a better overall team than this years Tigers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

CC is going to have a wake up call in game 3. He's going to realize that the strikes he was throwing over the plate are not going to be swung and missed by too many Tigers like the Orioles did.

This series is over. With Verlander throwing at least 2 of the next 5 games and Jeter out/Nix the starting SS.....

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
10/16 Schedule and starters

8:07 pm

Yankees at Tigers

NYY: P Hughes
(16-13, 4.23)

DET: J Verlander
(17-8, 2.64)

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
I hate to admit it, but the Tigers are looking good. They remind me of the Yankees of the late 90's/early 2000's.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Gardner had 3 AB since April 17th before this game.

He has shown more at the plate in this game than Can0-fer-29 has in the last 7 games.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Great ending to Game 3. Yankees made it interesting, but couldn't get it done. This will sound like heresy, but I think Girardi should have pinch hit ARod for Ibanez there against the lefty.

Members online