Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Masterworks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This looks GREAT! Count me in for a slot for sure!!! I'm sure [MENTION=1758]Ty Hope[/MENTION] would enjoy this sketch wise, might get him past the sticker autos on it too :)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Looks really nice....And really expensive. Any idea?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
my guess is boxes will start around $120 to $150

3 autos per box - so lets say average $50 a card for a 1/1

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
If they can get away with using logos because they are "art", then what's to stop UD from putting out a Masterpieces set depicting full uniforms and logos?

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Interesting loophole using logos as "protected artwork". It's sees to be a very expensive way to get around it, but they look nice. I hate sticker autos, but they look good on this medium. I NEED THAT MONTANA!!

Last edited:

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
If they can get away with using logos because they are "art", then what's to stop UD from putting out a Masterpieces set depicting full uniforms and logos?

I'm no lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night. This Leaf release looks to be all original artwork. There are no 2 cards alike. UD Masterpieces takes one piece of art and then REPRINTS that piece. So I would say the reprinting process is not protected against licensing.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
The stickers are the one thing that makes it not look nice sadly.

There is no designation on the artwork for a player to sign. I would rather have a sticker with a clean auto than a player using black ink over a dark part of the artwork. Plus direct pen on the artwork could cause it to smear.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Anyone have a checklist on this?
Either the checklist will be large with lots of scrubs, or BG was smart & had multiple renderings of the popular players. The stickers suck imho, I'd much rather see selective ink colors used on-card to look great & classy, but that's not Leaf's MO because it would be much more expensive than the band aid route.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
MSRP looks to be pricey.
- Need to pay the artist for each card produced
- Each card has a sticker auto which costs money.
- Very limited print run

I'm going with $225-$250 msrp.

Members online

Latest posts