Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Masterworks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
MSRP looks to be pricey.
- Need to pay the artist for each card produced
- Each card has a sticker auto which costs money.
- Very limited print run

I'm going with $225-$250 msrp.

posted this earlier, you are really high on the price

my guess is boxes will start around $120 to $150

3 autos per box - so lets say average $50 a card for a 1/1

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Either the checklist will be large with lots of scrubs, or BG was smart & had multiple renderings of the popular players. The stickers suck imho, I'd much rather see selective ink colors used on-card to look great & classy, but that's not Leaf's MO because it would be much more expensive than the band aid route.

The sell sheet says no more than 20 per player. So with each one a 1/1.... You will have 20 different Joe Montana's, 20 different Karl Malones... probably 10 different Ichiros etc

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
posted this earlier, you are really high on the price

my guess is boxes will start around $120 to $150

3 autos per box - so lets say average $50 a card for a 1/1

I think that might be closer to wholesale price. But I don't know much about the production cost of cards. I'm just guessing that each card cost $20 to draw and each sticker auto cost $20 on average. We don't know the checklist yet so I could be high on the average cost of the auto. I'm sure the artists charged the same price regardless of which athlete they were drawing. If each box really is $150, I'm SOOO in!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think that might be closer to wholesale price. But I don't know much about the production cost of cards. I'm just guessing that each card cost $20 to draw and each sticker auto cost $20 on average. We don't know the checklist yet so I could be high on the average cost of the auto. I'm sure the artists charged the same price regardless of which athlete they were drawing. If each box really is $150, I'm SOOO in!

I am locked in on a case already, as this went to Direct Leaf Accounts. Distributors will not have product unless they buy from Direct Accts. Limited 1 per acct might them them higher then I priced but I think it will be close. I could be wrong and leave money on the table if I sell for $150

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
If they can get away with using logos because they are "art", then what's to stop UD from putting out a Masterpieces set depicting full uniforms and logos?

The legal question is if you are allowed to reproduce the art.. Hand painted or drawn cards are covered by first amendment.. BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Either the checklist will be large with lots of scrubs, or BG was smart & had multiple renderings of the popular players. The stickers suck imho, I'd much rather see selective ink colors used on-card to look great & classy, but that's not Leaf's MO because it would be much more expensive than the band aid route.

No more than 20 total sketches of a name... 200 player checklist... Wide variety of names but all HOFor noteworthy... BG

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
You are locked in on a case without knowing the price?? Is that a common practice nowadays?

I know what I am paying for the case. Just want to wait and see market value before I set a price for boxes or a break

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Do you have any examples of what you did? I'd like to see them.. and I'm sure others would as well.

Members online