Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Topps Holiday. Do you consider it a parallel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Not sure if I'll chase a couple of players in this set. Do you consider it a parallel of Topps or another product like Chrome?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I consider it a parallel since design/photographs are the same from the Topps set aside from the snowflake designs.

I know I am in the minority here but I have always considered Topps Chrome to be a parallel set of Topps.

Brewers fan

Nov 13, 2016
I used to enjoy collecting Topps cards, but I collect only Brewers, but cut way down because of 2014 Topps parallels. All with the same photos, but white border, gold border, silver border, dark orange border, light orange border, red border, light blue border, purple border, black border, camo border. yellow border, etc. What really got me to stop was I started to collect all cards for a certain color (red, light blue and yellow), but then Topps decided to only do yellow for the first series, but not the second series. I still have not been able to get all of the parallels for even one Brewer from 2014. I would rather see more different designs or photos than the same basic card with different colored borders. At last count, I had just over 14,150 different Brewers cards. Plus, I collect Rollie Fingers, Brett Favre, Warren Spahn and Dizzy Dean cards.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'd say it is a different set. The numbering is different, and it's a mix of base and Update cards. It's also goofy as hell, but I still bought a couple of boxes. I find it very hard to ***** about a cheap new product, even if it is an obscure Walmart exclusive. I will say the "snowflake" cards aren't executed very well, the effect is stamped over the base cards and all 10 of mine are either crooked or not entirely covered.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I'd say it is a different set. The numbering is different, and it's a mix of base and Update cards. It's also goofy as hell, but I still bought a couple of boxes. I find it very hard to ***** about a cheap new product, even if it is an obscure Walmart exclusive. I will say the "snowflake" cards aren't executed very well, the effect is stamped over the base cards and all 10 of mine are either crooked or not entirely covered.

Very strong arguments towards being a different set. I'm leaning that way for my collection.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I like them. i only need one more card for the set. I dont consider them a parallel because they are numbered different. but to me it is a cool and different set. I had fun finding them and doing the set. I dont see anything wrong with the stamping of the flakes.
BRAUN, RYAN 3.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Different set.

Unless you count "Obvious retail money grab" as a category.

That said, I like the card design. Confused now? :???:

Latest posts