Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Baseball Season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I am really interested to see what happens when players start testing positive for it once they get back to playing. It's inevitable that it will happen. Hopefully if the mini outbreaks that we're already seeing around mlb training sites happen, it won't be enough to shut everything down for good.

WaxPax

MLB "Summer Camps" open today....Seems like Spring Training 1.0 was years ago...but was just 3 months...

mKNIDeym.jpg

rDQj6bam.jpg

WARQ7NZm.jpg

RyFkdqVm.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
2020 All-Star Game has been cancelled.

Dodgers will have to wait even longer to host it again. 2022.

2021 remains with the Braves.

At least Update should have less crud in it with not having those All-Star Game base cards. I hope Topps uses those checklist openings to showcase more players that haven't had many cards since their prospect/rookie years.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'm interested to see what happens with the positive tests once they've all been together for a couple of weeks and in their "bubble" of the ballpark and hotel. A lot of these positives are not at the facilities, but at their homes before they leave. Also an interesting note, as of yesterday, the infection rate was only 1.2% for MLB. It seems like a lot have contracted it because the press is naming names individually so there's always a flow of new names coming out, but keep in mind, they have tested 3100 players/front office and only 38, or 1.2% have been positive. Wasn't the national average like 2-3%? If so, MLB is much lower than what we've seen nationally. We (society) need to focus on the %, not the actual number, so it can be easier to see the big picture and in context. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the % in a couple of weeks once everyone gets to camp and is around each other....will there be mini outbreaks by teams, or will it actually get better since they are in more of a controlled environment....
full

Members online