Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Topps Archives Signature Series Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Pardon my ignorance with this set but I am hoping the community can help me understand the concept so I can correctly catalog my cards. Several of my recent purchases from this set are 1/1's. Does this mean that Topps bought back a 1/1 and had it signed and reinserted into the hobby or is this not a previously serial numbered card and a new 1/1? I suppose this question applies to all cards that I have purchased in this set, not just 1/1's. For example the 2019 Topps Allen & Ginter is serial numbered 03/10....does this serial number apply to the 2019 card or the 2021 card? I have searched the internet and cannot find a clear cut answer in regards to this.

Ol1.jpgOl2.jpgOl3.jpg

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
All those cards were previously unnumbered commons. Topps took regular ol cards, had them signed and stamped various serial numbers on them. The numbers are truly random. I've seen /92, /26, /22, /17 and of course a bunch of 1/1s.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
And what's really frustrating is that they don't release a checklist, so cataloguing is nearly impossible. Olerud has been in a couple of Archives Signature releases, and at first I used to scour sites like ebay just to try to record all the variations. Eventually I gave up. Still bothers me that I don't have accurate data for that part of my Olerud checklist.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts