Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

5-Star Kick in the Arse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Against my better knowledge I busted a box of 5-Star Baseball. My best pull, by far, was an Ozzie Smith booklet auto /50 with 4 white swatches of plain jersey. My other 5 "hits" are all sitting on Ebay with a bid of no more than $6, none of them numbered less than 299 & 3 of them numbered to 499. Really? Shouldnt a box with a $500 SRP have SOMETHING in it numbered less than 50? Cone, Eckersley, Solarte, Eddie Butler, Uehara...bleh. Why are guys like Cone & Eckersley even in a product like this? Thank God I opened it & not one of my customers.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
That has been my thought in every break I've seen. There is nothing 5-Star about this product, minus the major hits, which aren't even located in every case.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I really don't get the #/399 & #/499, Topps is so very prone to making 8 variations with 10 color tiers to where there are still 500 cards but none numbered higher than 50. Why they don't even make that attempt with 5 Star is strange.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Plenty of super stars included

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts