Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
craftysouthpaw said:
predatorkj said:
craftysouthpaw said:
predatorkj said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The funny part is signings hotline doesn't even always have accurate info. Plus sometimes people will post a signing event the day of or not at all. That certainly doesn't help. To put it bluntly...you are better off doing your own research. See...it really ticks me off. You guys may not understand on this board. But a lot of these autograph boards or places like Signings hotline, they want to charge you money to see information that was found by their own members. Information that is already out there to be found absolutely free anyways. To charge for that is ridiculous. Trust me...once you get started collecting autos at free events and signings...you don't need this. You learn where to look and who to talk to. You learn what websites to look on and where to look on those websites.

I know. Been doing autos around here and have gotten close to 1,000 just in the last 3 years alone. And you know what? If you check your local team's websites, pay attention to radio shows and the guests they have at live broadcasts, check websites like Academy, Sports Authority, Whataburger, book stores(barnes and noble, borders etc.), certain sports bars and also certain companies like verizon wireless and other sponsers of teams, you can find out dang near just as much info as you could anywhere else. And its free. And chances are you will find out a lot more than most people on a lot of these websites are even willing to tell. Plus you start talking to shop owners and other collectors and you find out the private signings and the good areas to go get athletes to sign.

So no offense but please...quit trying to act like you are even providing much of a service. To a lazy person yes. To someone willing to do the research...no. There is nothing on your entire website I don't find on my own.

I disagree completely. I have thousands of IP autos and I have subscribed to signingshotline for years. Is it the end-all-be-all? Of course not. But it is a great first check point. It isn't lazy to get information from one site instead of searching on dozens. It is efficient. Not to mention the discounts at major promoters have more than paid my fees.

The TOS are very clear about giving out Deluxe information and if you don't like it, don't subscribe. The posts here from signingshotline have been very diplomatic but the post has still managed to devolve into BS like so many of the posts here lately.

I don't subscribe, nor will I ever. I refuse to pay for free info. Sorry. I can just as easily find it myself. That is what gets my goat. A lot of people who use that site assume that this is like top secret info. Its not. And I have a hard time sitting here and listening to someone claim that its some kinda special info. I think at times the only special thing might be discounts on private signings. But the info can be found elsewhere. I just want people to understand that. Plus...I have seen stuff there before that was wrong. Dates and times. Even players. Yes you always need to call to confirm but you know what...if I have to double check your "work", I don't need the problems. I might as well take care of it myself.

No one is claiming the information is top secret. But if I could spend 5 minutes on signingshotline researching shows/signings across the country as opposed to much longer on dozens of individual sites, it is well worth it to me. Plus, I have found many obscure signings that wouldn't normally be a part of individual searches such as promotions at businesses, schools, etc. And the discounts are at more than private signings. The 5% off at MAB signings alone has made up for my annual fees.
Agreed.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
How did this turn into a sigingshotline sucks, just the way the owner acted was not a good way to answer. I mean a lawsuit threat becuase some says that robert fick is signing is Detroit ::facepalm:: . Its a good resource, altough it has been wrong before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts